Hi Chris - "once a carer always a carer" - 100% agree. I too ceased being a carer some 10 years ago but have always felt that I had part of me still in that world - the dark days, the scary nights, the unknown but for me also the wonderful memories of the support on this forum that got me through. M...
I'm starting a course on Future Learn at the end of August - it's called Medicine and the Arts. There isn't a lot of info available but I'm hoping it'll have some of what I'm looking for. I'm really interested in the healing/therapeutic benefits of creativity, so I've been looking for an online cou...
Really pleased that you are going to use the scheme Penny. I may do something myself too! Spanish was always my favourite subject when I was at school and dreamt of moving to Spain and marrying a Spaniard! 30 odd years later I did move here and married a tall, dark haired Londoner! Hope you enjoy th...
Hi everyone - long time no write! One of our volunteers today told me about Future Learn https://www.futurelearn.com It is a privately company wholly owned by the Open University which offers completely free online courses. I know only too well when caring finding time to study is not easy but I tho...
Thank you both. Yes, had a lovely day and was completely spoilt by Tony! I have a tradition of a Birthday Eve, Birthday and today is my Birthday Boxing Day! Genius isnt it!! So, making the most of my three days.....best present was a trip to see Samantha and Jacob in a couple of weeks! Happy lady! X...
Love this thread Susie! Well, I'm pretty sure that each time I open my wardrobe it shouts out..."we're full, don't even bother trying to push us closer together"! I too have gone from the power dressing suits from my managerial days to a more relaxed leggings and tops when I was caring and comfort e...
I love keeping in touch on Facebook with old school friends, researching 3 family trees, the Internet keeps me well entertained especially through the winter months! I am new to this so if I have done it wrong I apologise. Sue Absolutely perfect....don't worry! just join in wherever you want Sue. B...
Hello Paul... Heartfelt thoughts to both you and Julie. I will never understand why families behave the way they do, particularly at times when you really do need them to be there for you. I know, like so many others here, we felt that we knew Kerry Ann from all the posts you wrote about your advent...
Sajehar .... I loved reading your post. it is so true that it's the little things that can make such a difference to our lives. I remember an old chap in my home town that used to sell papers on the street. He also did the school crossing. That dear soul always had a smile on his face and I have no ...
No it can't Susie, very true but and I think it is a big but, the flip side of that is that there are probably many events that have been organised in communities as a result of social media too! Living over here in Spain the internet is a lifeline for many and volunteering in a local charity and de...