[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
A CARER WITH DEPRESSION WELL THAT IS SOMETHING NEW! LIKE H*LL, I SUFFER FROM IT AND I’M SURE THAT YOU DO TOO SO WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT YOU CAN’T ESCAPE FROM YOUR CARING AND JUST WHO WOULD UNDERSTAND THE LOAD THAT YOU ARE BEARING SO GO AND SEE YOUR DOCTOR AND HAVE A LITTLE CHAT THAT’S IF YOU CAN GE...
The roads around here aren't narrow but in consideration of other road users people all to often park half on the road and half on the pavement. Considerate indeed to other road users but not at all considerate to my wife and her wheelchair.
We have a wet room with a shower curtain round. However it is a moderately sized bathroom. It doesn't seem to make much mess but even if it did it's the only way to get me wife showered.
My wife's been in a wheelchair for some years now but it was difficult to get that transition from sticks walking at 2 miles per hour. At first we bought a second hand one for £5 but she wouldn't use it in our own town in case anyone we knew saw her. So I can sympathies with your problem but I can a...
I must admit the care company we deal with is brilliant. They always arrive when they are supposed to and we never get a carer that has not been here before. My son's carers (from the same company) are also brilliant they even feed the cat in the morning. So I am sorry some are having problems but s...
My Wife has MS which, among other things, has resulted in right sided weakness and loss of balance. She also has MG (Myasthenia Gravis) we always find something to laugh about and for example in the supermarket I suddenly put the brakes on her wheelchair and walked away. She asked where I was going ...
I write, I have two books published and 3 Poetry books that I print myself (mainly because publishers want to put illustrations (cartoons) in and I hate that) I am working on a third book. It is a useful alternative to caring and as my office is next to the bedroom if my wife needs me I am there.
Who's old enough to remember the nit nurse? The one that used to come around our schools had hands like sandpaper and seemed huge at the time. OUR SID BROUGHT HOME A LETTER AND THE NEWS JUST COULDN'T BE WORSE 'COS IT CAME IN A PLAIN BROWN ENVELOPE FROM THE DREADED SCHOOL NIT NURSE. NOW WE KNEW WHEN ...
CARERS LAMENT DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE ALL ALONE WITH NO-ONE TO HELP AND YOU’RE TIRED TO THE BONE. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE WHEN THERE’S A JOB TO DO AND YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN WHEN IT’S A JOB FOR TWO DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE YOUR FEELINGS TO HIDE LOOKING QUITE CALM BUT SCREAMING INSIDE DO YO...