[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
What is happening to the monies raised by the sale of your parents property? Unless it's there's still an outstanding mortgage to be paid of, or repayments of equity release to be made, then your parents will have the value of their house at their disposal, albeit in "cash" rather than bricks-and-mo...
Although over two years have gone by, I know that it can be useful to post "follow-ups" in some situations. We put in a formal complaint to the care home providers at the beginning of 2019. After a year of unsatisfactory correspondence back-and-forth, we escalated the matter to the Local Government ...
I really don't want to make matters worse for you, but have you checked that you are definitely eligible for carer's allowance? I believe that you have to have been resident in the UK for two out of the three previous years to claim (although would be more than happy to be corrected on this). Full d...
Thanks, Bowlingbun, that's very reassuring. My concern was that I had read "somewhere" online (which, of course, I can't find now!) that CHC would be paid in full, but "taking account of the LA's registered amount" or something similar.

No news yet, but will be chasing later today/tomorrow!
Mum has been self-funding in her care home for over seven years, paying approximately double the LA rate. Sadly, the GP has now said she is end-of-life and CHC fast-track has been applied for (hoping to have the answer later today). However, having done a serious amount of online searching, I can't ...
From a purely practical point-of-view, the comment that stands out in your post is that your father-in-law will be left by himself for a huge proportion of the day and this will almost certainly not work. Your husband needs to take this onboard and work with you to find some solution to the problem....
Has your Dad been assessed for NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC)? If granted, it would mean that all his care costs would be paid for, either in residential care or at home with your mother, which may give her the support she needs.
The "bubble" facility is for an single adult living alone (for example, as in our personal situation, my adult son who lives alone locally joining up with us, his parents). I think young children can also be included in a single parent's bubble. As this person has a husband and child at home, she is...
I would also second the possibility of "grooming". I have had two friends whose respective elderly parent was, in effect, groomed by a non-family carer-turned-"friend". In one instance, the parent rewrote his will in favour of family (previous one had been mainly in favour of "carer") shortly before...
This is taken from the "Care to be Different" website (I have highlighted in bold): Fast Track funding is not only for end of life. Many families are wrongly told that NHS Continuing Healthcare funding is only available for people who are at the end of their life. Not only is this incorrect, it oft...