[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
In case it's of any use to anyone, just wanted to say that we have this week made contact with our LA and our request for a loan-type DPA is now going through the "system". No problems so far - fingers crossed!
Apart from all the above, has the current Covid-19 restrictions completely by-passed the care home manager??? No-one - not least a highly vulnerable 90-year-old (with or without a care-worker) - should be leaving the relative safety of their care home to make unnecessary journeys.

Words fail me!
My mother's care home is currently in "special measures" so vacant rooms have to stay empty. As there are quite a few of these now, staff levels have been reduced proportionately. We hope that the rating will improve at the next CQC inspection, at which point they will start "refilling" their rooms ...
Where were your in-laws living before they moved in with you?

Have you checked to see if they would be eligible for housing benefit which could help with a private rental?

Have you made it clear to the LA that you could - in theory - make your in-laws homeless overnight?
Yes, we've decided that we shall be making an appointment with our local AgeUK branch when we return from holiday (after all, we first found it on their factsheet so presumably they will know all about it!). We have previously used them to help with filling in the AA application form - they were BRI...
Have you looked at the CQC report for that nursing home? If it has been rated as overall inadequate (ie. in special measures), then scroll down the report to near the end where you should find a section headed "Enforcement Actions". This will list the enforcements that have been applied and may incl...
If the first care home you looked at had an official (CQC) rating of "Inadequate" and is now in special measures, then I believe that they are unable to take in any new residents until they have been inspected again six months after the date of the "Inadequate" inspection and improved sufficiently t...
Thanks for your responses. In our situation, top-up fees don't apply, no CHC eligibility, no exemptions on property and AA is being claimed. Mum (95) has been self-funding in residential care for over six years. Unfortunately, her outgoings (care fees and minimal spending money) exceeds income (stat...
Taken from AgeUK's Factsheet 38 "Property & Paying for Residential Care": 9.15 A ‘ loan type deferred payment agreement Loan type DPAs are different to the ‘traditional type where the authority arranges your care and defers the charges due to it. Under a loan type agreement, you arrange your own car...
There's a saying … you can choose your friends, but not your relatives. Would you have "chosen" your father as a friend? I suspect not. There is no legal obligation for you to care for your father (something you need to impress upon the relevant authorities) and I think you have already gone "above ...