[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Yes, we've decided that we shall be making an appointment with our local AgeUK branch when we return from holiday (after all, we first found it on their factsheet so presumably they will know all about it!). We have previously used them to help with filling in the AA application form - they were BRI...
Have you looked at the CQC report for that nursing home? If it has been rated as overall inadequate (ie. in special measures), then scroll down the report to near the end where you should find a section headed "Enforcement Actions". This will list the enforcements that have been applied and may incl...
If the first care home you looked at had an official (CQC) rating of "Inadequate" and is now in special measures, then I believe that they are unable to take in any new residents until they have been inspected again six months after the date of the "Inadequate" inspection and improved sufficiently t...
Thanks for your responses. In our situation, top-up fees don't apply, no CHC eligibility, no exemptions on property and AA is being claimed. Mum (95) has been self-funding in residential care for over six years. Unfortunately, her outgoings (care fees and minimal spending money) exceeds income (stat...
Taken from AgeUK's Factsheet 38 "Property & Paying for Residential Care": 9.15 A ‘ loan type deferred payment agreement Loan type DPAs are different to the ‘traditional type where the authority arranges your care and defers the charges due to it. Under a loan type agreement, you arrange your own car...
There's a saying … you can choose your friends, but not your relatives. Would you have "chosen" your father as a friend? I suspect not. There is no legal obligation for you to care for your father (something you need to impress upon the relevant authorities) and I think you have already gone "above ...
Even for those of us relatively "fit and well", we are now being told that we shouldn't sit for longer than about an hour. I try to get up a couple of times during TV-watching in the evening, even if it's just to go to the loo, make a cuppa or get the washing. Also I now try to do some of the things...
You can check who is the legal owner of a property by using the Land Registry's website. Depending on when (if?) she passed her house over to her son, then there may well be a "deprivation of assets" situation. If she is still the legal owner of the property, then LAs have a legal obligation to offe...
F = Fairy Lights!
Hi Jennifer … Welcome! We've just replaced the carpet in our bathroom with a cushioned vinyl. I would recommend that you seek out a good carpet shop in your area where they will almost certainly have a good number of pattern books, each with dozen of styles and colours (sometimes too many!). I wonde...