Just to clarify … the 12-week disregard of property was not "offered" or "given" by the LA - it is a legal right, as per: If your home is included in the financial assessment, it is disregarded for the first 12 weeks of a permanent care home placement. This allows you time to sell the property or ar...
Hi Chris … The lift would, of course, not be used in the event of a fire. I am satisfied that the home has adequate evacuation arrangements in hand. My concern is that a number of residents (including my mother) who are reliant on the lift and cannot use stairs have been effectively "trapped" on the...
I am currently in correspondence with the CQC after their last inspection report on my mother's care home failed to address the fact that the lift had been out-of-order for almost three months at the time of the inspection. I have since received a reply from them stating that, in their opinion, the ...
Do you know what rose it is? Some "repeat flower" whilst some only produce one flush of flowers each summer. Not really the right time for rose pruning - a normal floribunda/hybrid tea rose would be cut back by about half in early winter (to reduce rocking by the wind), then a proper prune in early ...
That manager left two months ago and was replaced by someone who had come up "through the ranks" of the care home. He seemed to be very much a "new broom" and actually requested for an inspection to be done. Last week we learnt that he, too, had left and a new manager starts on Monday!
We are waiting for the CQC's inspection report to be published. The "inadequate" rating was flagged up by management at a recent relatives meeting. As the "sister" home on the same site has already just received its own "inadequate" rating (and was looked after by the same manager), then it's not ha...
Has anyone had experience of their care's care home being rated "inadequate" and placed in special measures? Would be interested to hear whether the home improved enough to get a better rating, how you felt about it and did you consider moving your caree? We have just entered this scenario and are c...
These two website may be of use: https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/visiting-or-moving-to-england/moving-to-england-from-the-european-economic-area-eea-or-switzerland/ https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/claiming-benefits-if-youre-from-the-EU/before-you-apply/check-if-you-can-get-b...
Your father's care home should have a written complaints policy (a legal requirement) available for you to see. If it's part of a large group, then this may well be online and you can look at it there. Please make your complaint, both on behalf of your father and other residents (if things are that ...
Agree entirely with Penny's comment - also my main bugbear. Although the large care home companies (eg. Somerset Care) say that they cannot operate on what the LA pays them, in many cases this is because of the way these care companies are set up where their properties are sold on (making a nice win...