This is the relevant information - taken from AgeUK's Factsheet No. 39 "Paying for Care in a Care Home if you have a Partner" (third time I've posted this since Christmas - obviously not easy to find!). 5 The 50% private pension and annuity disregard You may have a significantly higher or lower inco...
Having had a quick look at the relevant AgeUK Factsheet, it would seem that your house is "safe" on two counts. Firstly, you live there and, secondly, it's not possible to sell one-third of a property. The house should therefore be disregarded. However, this disregard only applies to this property -...
This is from AgeUK's Factsheet 39 "Paying for Care in a Care Home if you have a Partner". (I posted it just after Christmas on another thread - looks like it's relevant here too!) 5 The 50% private pension and annuity disregard You may have a significantly higher or lower income than your partner. T...
I'm extremely concerned that your husband must be severely dehydrated if he can't even keep water down. Is the GP aware of this? Is he having any type of hydration? I know from personal experience that even mild dehydration (a long, hot afternoon working in the garden) can be detrimental - and my hu...
Jenny's final paragraph in her previous post is probably the most important one to bear in mind. We have to accept that no care home will ever truly be "good enough" for our relative (in the same way that no woman is ever "good enough" for our son!!!). We had to find residential care for my mother a...
This is taken from AgeUK's Factsheet 39 - "Paying for care in a care home if you have a partner": 5 The 50% private pension and annuity disregard You may have a significantly higher or lower income than your partner. The rules set out below are designed to protect one partner from possible financial...
If things "don't taste right" or are drying out, it's usually a problem with the packaging for the freezer. I wrap items individually (chops, rolls etc.) tighly in clingwrap and then put in plastic bags or wrap in foil. (I've found that the proper blue-tinted heavy-duty freezer bags can taint foods ...
Was the CHC assessment you had the "Fast Track" version?

More details at https://caretobedifferent.co.uk/continu ... -decision/.
An elderly lady in our village had to go into care. With no family, the LA needed to sell her property to pay her fees. They came in to clear the place (in the process destroying some historical village photos which we would have loved to have had, as we're hoping to put together a village history) ...
Hi Chris ... Accounts are also "food and drink" to my husband (as a - now retired - divisional financial director of a FTSE100 company)! He is well aware of how many of these companies set themselves up to maximise income for the owners and is well-versed in how to obtain company accounts. Unfortuna...