https://www.thegazette.co.uk/wills-and- ... ent/100522

Looks like having your great-uncle as a witness could be potentially problematic.
LPAs cease on the death of the donor, so would not have any relevance for an executor. Usually what happens is that the funeral director's invoice is sent direct to the bank and they will pay it out of the deceased's account.
Can your house accommodate a live-in carer? If so, just Google "temporary live in carer" and have a look at what's available. Mum may not like it (or the carer!), but it's only for a couple of days and as long as she's kept safe and given her medications, what's the worst that can happen? You and yo...
Any published care home rates you've seen on the internet will almost certainly refer to self-funders. My mum (self-funding) is paying over £900 pw - I doubt that the LA-funded residents will be funded to much more than £600 pw (if that!). It's now a well-known fact that self-funders are now subsidi...
A brief update. I phoned the CQC yesterday and explained my concerns. Apparently, this situation does not just apply to "special measures" but to any admittance to hospital from residential care. The care plan would have to be updated on discharge because of possible changing needs and the hospital ...
Thanks for all your responses. Well, Chris, I really thought that it anyone could find something out it would be you :D so it seems there's nothing out there. The CQC are fully aware of the issue with the care plans (and other matters), which is why the care home was rated inadequate. There are abou...
Mum's care home has just been rated as "Inadequate" by the CQC and placed into special measures. One of the (many) failures highlighted was poor care plans. All residents are now having new care plans drawn up and these should be completed by the end of November (as per CQC instructions). However, t...
Just to clarify … the 12-week disregard of property was not "offered" or "given" by the LA - it is a legal right, as per: If your home is included in the financial assessment, it is disregarded for the first 12 weeks of a permanent care home placement. This allows you time to sell the property or ar...
Hi Chris … The lift would, of course, not be used in the event of a fire. I am satisfied that the home has adequate evacuation arrangements in hand. My concern is that a number of residents (including my mother) who are reliant on the lift and cannot use stairs have been effectively "trapped" on the...
I am currently in correspondence with the CQC after their last inspection report on my mother's care home failed to address the fact that the lift had been out-of-order for almost three months at the time of the inspection. I have since received a reply from them stating that, in their opinion, the ...