Agree entirely with Penny's comment - also my main bugbear. Although the large care home companies (eg. Somerset Care) say that they cannot operate on what the LA pays them, in many cases this is because of the way these care companies are set up where their properties are sold on (making a nice win...
May be worth reposting your query on the "Death, Funerals and Probate" section of the MSE forum:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/fo ... .php?f=217

This query seems to come up quite often and there seem to be some fairly knowledge people on there.
Thanks for all your replies - seems like the subject is a total minefield! I'm hoping that perhaps as mum filled it in in conjunction with her GP, then a copy will be held at the local medical practice. Just the practicalities (never mind "emotional" side) of getting hold of it each time we go out w...
Norman's posting earlier today reminded me of a question I wanted to ask re. DNRs! My mother's DNR document is kept in her file in the care home. What would be the situation if "the worst" happened whilst we were out and about? Would a hospital find it on her electronic records? Would my word be goo...
Will she actually be under canvas and sleeping on the ground? If so, a few extra old t-shirts and tights to go UNDER the PJs - it can get really cold in the early hours of the morning! Also, if no campbed, waterproof groundsheet and a blanket or fleece to go UNDERNEATH the sleeping bag (my father's ...
If your father was LA-funded, then there should have been a financial assessment and all of his private/state pension(s) would have been taken by the LA to offset against his care home fees (leaving him c£25.00 per week "pocket money"). Are you perhaps referring to a pension lump-sum paid out someti...
Again, to be perfectly honest, I'm not so worried about whether my mother's meals are "nutritious" (she's managed to reach her mid 90s on a diet typical for her generation) - I would just like them to look and taste appetising! To give the care home its due, they do keep her supplied with fresh frui...
My mother's care home used to make a big deal of their "nutritious, home-cooked meals". TBH, most of the cooked meals left a lot to be desired (mince just cooked in water, "roast" potatoes still cold and hard in the middle etc.). Despite raising the matter many times, nothing seemed to improve. Now ...
UPDATE: Just thought I would let you know that I did, in fact, phone the CQC last week and had several quite long conversations with their call handler and subsequently an inspector. I still don't believe that the recent inspection covered satisfactorily the issue I had raised, but the CQC were very...
Oops - hit "send" twice!