[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Unfortunately, self-funders in residential care have always paid a premium over those funded by the local authority. LA residents in my mum's care home paid c£650.00 pw - my mum (self-funding) paid closer to £950.00 pw. This "anomaly" was recognised in Laing & Buisson's report into care, which state...
Just shared to my personal and village Facebook pages!
Can I add a quick plug for the WI! Most groups will let you attend at least a couple of meetings (with just a small charge for refreshments) before you decide whether you want to join. If you don't know anyone, then most WIs can arrange for you to be picked up or met at the door, so you don't have t...
Can I add a quick plug for the WI! Most groups will let you attend at least a couple of meetings (with just a small charge for refreshments) before you decide whether you want to join.
You can check for any charges against a property here (costs £3.00 ):

https://www.gov.uk/search-property-info ... d-registry
Has anyone mentioned CHC (continuing healthcare) Fast-Track to you? This is from the Marie Curie website: Fast track funding is intended as a swift form of funding to be put into place where an individual's health is rapidly deteriorating to ensure that they are not left in a funding position that r...
I'm not quite sure why you are dealing with the CQC - they usually only inspect care homes and the like (or do you mean your local CCG (clinical commissioning group)? A nursing home has to have a fully-qualified registered nurse on duty at all times (as opposed to a care home, which doesn't). Does y...
Just to point out that every care home resident is able to have one appointed "essential care giver". This person (be it friend or relative) should be able to visit even during a lockdown (with the appropriate testing and use of PPE).
From the Government's "Guidance on Care Home Visiting": Every care home resident should be supported to have an identified essential care giver (in addition to their named visitors) who may visit the home to offer companionship or help with care needs – essential care givers should be able to visit ...
Also had one (glad I wasn't "left out"!).

On other message boards that I use, you usually have to have made a minimum number of public posts before being allowed to PM. Is this the same here?