I have just been onto the council it appears the council tac reduction rules have changed so that all income is included. Including DLA I have contacted the help line I hope they can help. If this is right it means that if you have to claim council tax help and have a disabled adult living with you ...
He is 38 with complex needs has cerebral palsy, mental health issues, Epilepsy moderate learning difficulties, and borderline visual impaired.
I am very confused I have just received a letter to tell me that my non dependant charge for council tax has been revised. The problem is that they have now included my sons DLA as income. As he receives higher rate mobility and care this has increased his payment from £4 to£8 per week. Typically th...
On train back to London. Thank you to the lovely people in Newcastle who were happy to talk to a stranger. I look forward to coming back next week when I collect my son.
I have lost many friends over the years. Now I have a few very close friends mostly people who are or have been carers. Other people don't always understand that I can't plan to far ahead and that I may have to cancel at the last minute.
I am taking my son to Newcastle for my respite break. Looking forward to wandering around Newcastle before I get the train back to London. :D
Hi John hope your feeling a bit better today. Caring for a partner is not easy. Try and make some time for yourself. Sending you both (((((hugs)))))).
Is your son being admitted to a psychiatric ward. Ask if they provide a guide for patients that give details such as the ward rutine . Who people are and what activities they provide. Some hospitals offer carers support this can be a named person on the ward they may also have a carers guide. Please...
I had a simmelar issue several years ago at this time. The DWP advisor explained that being a single parent was higher on the list of there priorities than that of being a carer. This meant that I would be called in as the staff who make the appointments would see my single parent status first. The ...
It is bad enough being told that there are going to be cuts. The uncertainty as to who and when the cuts are to be made is just adding to the stress that must of us face. We seem to have a government who want carers to take on more responsibility for those we care for while at the same time cutting ...