My 90 year old aunt was told she was "entitled" to 2 days LA care support to wash, dress and put to bed at night/get up in the morning, following her return home from a short stay at a rehab hospital - she kept falling. On the first day the two carers were female but on the second day two male carer...
<t>I gave up work to become a full time carer. For this service the government is willing to pay me £58.45 for a 35 hour week. That’s £1.67 per hour. £4.64 below the national minimum wage. Isn’t that what they call sweated labour? Isn’t it time carers became more vociferous and more militant in dema...
<t>A 3-hour, 6-bus round trip to care for my parent means little time for shopping and cooking for myself. If I have a "day off" from being a carer, the last thing I want to do is trudge to a supermarket by public transport - the second last thing I want to do is stand over a stove. (and before anyo...
<t>Hi,<br/> We're exploring various possibilities for future care now that parent is getting older (92), not eating enough and getting frail. <br/> We've had care at home for last 3 years but it's been minimal, put in place by local authority (Manchester) but paid for by us. (Minimal because parent ...
<t>Hi,<br/> I'm having trouble getting printed information from Manchester City Council about the why's and wherefor's of paying for residential care. I've managed to search out some stuff myself (Age UK website is helpful). One specific point eludes me though. House is already on market for sale at...