[quote="Michael_1507"]At the outset every new parents should learn about it and be vigilant to diagnose if their child is born with autism, it is quite easy to decipher with the child’s behavior within the first two years. A certain behavioral pattern that hints at a child’s possibility of being aut...
Only way I could stop caring is by handing my 15 year old twins (one with ADHD and Aspergers and the other has Autism) to social services and have them placed into the care of foster carers & probably split up due to the demands of caring for them (allowing for the affects of being put into care esp...
They were talking about this on our radio yesterday. In my own view, as a mum, I believe that wheelchair users must take priority. After all, mums can take their babies out of their pushchairs and carry the baby. Can't do that with an adult! I know that some pushchairs don't fold up small like mine...
That must be such a relief.
A decision about whether or not I am elligle to attend jury service was made in just 15 minutes today. I am a full time carer for my partner, who is disabled following a stroke 10 years ago and Rhumatoid Arthritis more recently. I got a form 2 days ago to fill in and return to say that I was availa...
<t>I have 3 children 2 of which cannot share a room (both get higher level care DLA in part because they need night time attention and they both have Autistic Spectrum Disorders- one of them can't even share a pot of pens at school let alone a bedroom when tired and narky at home). The other one is ...
As I read through the amount of difficulties that people share, especially with regard to the issue of autism and 'things being taken literally', it occurs to me - and I know because I have been there! - that many parents/carers/families are being penalised and being dragged through the courts or h...
Hi Magrat I've met several mums of kids with autism spectrum conditions whose partner was undiagnosed but almost certainly on the spectrum themselves. Most couldn't accept there was anything wrong with their children because "he's just like me..." Charles this is just SO true. Melly1 Hi Charles and...
<t>My 12 year olds (one has Aspergers and ADHD and the other Autism and probable ADHD- waiting to be assessed) both have messy bedrooms with toys all over the floor and hate it when it gets tidied- they like it messy. My own room (I have Aspergers) is messy but primarily because I don't have time to...
I was very lucky. M. was placed at this particular school by the Secretary of State for Education when he was 9, after an appeal etc. which lasted a year. The school argued that M. was missing out by being a day pupil, not a boarder. This was a view I'd always resisted until he was 16, but after ye...