[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi - my adult son has autism. That in itself can break your heart time and time again under certain circumstances. We as parents always worry about who will watch over them when we're gone. That thought can fill us with dread. On the practical side : what kind of accommodation does your son live ...
<t>Hi, no you're not being selfish. You need some balance in your life but your son's needs prevent this. I honestly don't know if you can get away as things stand. Would you feel relaxed if you went? Has he a social worker or any support workers? Is there anyone he can stay with? Would he be ok wit...
Hi - my son is autistic and in his 20s in supported living. Welcome to the forum :)
<t>Hi - I was amazed, reading your post. How did all this come about with the school? Did the medical profession agree? I can't imagine they would. It can sometimes be dangerous to go "cold turkey". I think both of you have been treated unprofessionally. His Dr. shd be informed immediately. If he ha...
<t>Hi - I totally agree. I really don't know where to start after that. It's like IDS/the government, are on some sort of ridiculous "crusade". By this I mean that they are either thick as 2 short planks in that they cannot manage to differentiate between different claimants so punish them all under...
Hi - welcome from me also. How are you both doing?
Hi - just as well you've developed a dark sense of humour, speaking as one who knows the value of that! Also commiserations about the cat - we have 1 with similar traits - it's like doing a penance for past sins - must have wiped quite a bit of the slate by now (it's getting on age wise). The bi-pol...
<t>Hi - I'm sorry to hear what's happened. It's not easy to be a carer and a girlfriend. The roles can so easily conflict and something has to give. In this case it was the relationship with your b/friend. I don't know what happened but I do know caring responsibilities can make relationships diffic...
<t>Hi - such a lot has happened to you and you've kept on going, caring for others, not putting yourself 1st. Despite all that you somehow to get your life back on track, find a good man and for a time the future looked positive. I think it's decision time - that's never easy when you are torn betwe...
<t>Hi - they're overcharging you because it's the only way they can keep going/make a profit. A few yrs ago they wd maybe have got a grant from the local council or have been contracted to provide a service which made more of a profit for them, now they're up against it financially + those they're s...