I looked after my partner for 15 years. He had suffered a severe stroke. We both gave up good careers. In February this year he went into a nursing home after suffering another stroke in October. So my job of 15 years came to an end. I was told I could claim Universal Credit and to start looking for...
<t>Hi Diane,<br/> <br/> All carers need a break. I'm going away for two weeks and I cant wait!!! The only thing is he is refusing to go into respite! His sister normally comes to the house to look after him but she is 78 and I dont think its fair to ask her again, not for 2 weeks anyway. <br/> <br/>...
<t>Hi Karen,<br/> <br/> It was because of your post that I decided to join the forum. Your story is so like mine. Make sure before he comes out of hospital that you know exactly how disabled he is. When my partner first came home I was pushing him around in a wheelchair, he was sleeping downstairs a...
<t>Hello everyone!<br/> <br/> I hope someone out there can help me. My partner suffered a severe stroke 10 years ago. He has lost the use of his left side. We both gave up work although I do do voluntary work which my partner hates because he is left on his own. He is very bitter about it all and do...