[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I see, and can fully understand your daughter's (perhaps) heightened unease in this situation because another person has been injured from your village recently. As I see it, it's not her relative inexperience which is causing this bad behaviour in other drivers, they would probably do it to anyone,...
<t>Eun, I felt EXACTLY the same when my son who is not disabled went away to boarding school for 6th form (he begged to do it, he wrote to two schools asking if there were any scholarships or bursaries, he was accepted and he LOVED every minute of it and would go back and do it all over again if he ...
<t>Hello lazydaisy,<br/> <br/> Until 12 months ago I had worked away from home for ten years - Manchester, Scotland, Hull, Sheffield, etc, and travelled alone weekly to these places where I had "digs" for the week. <br/> <br/> My over-riding aim was and is my own safety and whatever the "rules of th...
Thanks all, I shall google disability aids and see where we go with the health centre, but you see we have a walk in shower in our bathroom as well as the bath (have done for over 10 years and there's room for a seat, I must have had a brainwave!) but K sometimes likes a soak instead of a sluice and...
Can anyone give me any info on the mechanics of helping someone out of the bath who is 50% heavier than you?

L
<t>Hi Mary, I sympathise with you with respect to sisters-in-law in particular - mine is very good at telling me what I should do (sell my home, quit work, move abroad - isn't it good now that my husband is so ill that I DIDN'T do it, at least not the last one?????) I have noticed all the things I'm...
We live in the North, near the coast and although I'm fine with this weather (I do two 45 minute dog walks each day, so my circulation is really circulatin' http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif ) but my husband is cold to the core owing to CHF. Unfortunately he wears only a t shirt and CANN...
Hmmmmm......this may make some of you smile. My husband is not eligible to receive Incapacity Benefit because during the period for the contributions he was RECEIVING incapacity benefit (he had a total ankle replacement operation which was successful). When it came to applying for Disability Living ...
<t>Thanks for that, I pretty much devoured the website yesterday, word for word! I'm wondering about this "carer's assessment".<br/> <br/> I think the worst bit is (and I know he must be depressed) his lack of energy to carry out the things that would make life easier for him. It's also very difficu...
Thanks Myrtle...