Hi Jon, it sounds like you're in a difficult situation, before you give up work have you thought of having a care needs assessment done by your local authority? My wife has severe epilepsy with seizures or clusters of seizures most days and requires 24 hr care. As you I work full time, caring and wo...
Hi Paul, another Paul here :roll: I'm sorry you've lost your job due to caring for your son it seems your employer should have been a bit more sympathetic :-??? . My wife has severe epilepsy and she has seizures or clusters of seizures most days. Epilepsy as you'll know is a very unpredictable condi...
Hi Bob, she certainly won't loose any pip if you did move in eventually as that's none means tested, ESA is different if she's in the support group without any premiums that she won't loose anything however if she's on the income related ESA then if you do live together they will count your income a...
Emily, you're doing brilliantly, as carers we have busy lives so don't feel you have to reply back, as long as the information is helping you both that's all that matters. As for gardening Lisa also enjoys that but she can't do too much & has to supervised, at our holiday home she loves doing the fl...
Hi Bob, do you think you'll eventually move in with your girlfriend? which benefits are you worried about?. She sounds a very lucky person to have you looking after her, like I said before there is support out there for when you're working, it depends what you both want at the end of the day relatio...
Hi Bob, my wife has severe epilepsy with regular seizures and like you I also work. There is support out there if her epilepsy is severe but like anything nobody tells you. If you earn over £120 a week then it's unlikely you'll get carers allowance which is very unfair as is the amount of this benef...
how's things been Emily? has the forum helped?
Hi Emily, check your private message box have sent you some info. Lisa needs to be supervised most of the time unfortunately, there's is occasions where she's left for a couple of hours for example when I go and do the shopping or pick up meds. We have to be forward thinking and keep Lisa as safe as...
Hi Emily, welcome to the board. I was really sorry to hear of your Mum, my Mother-In-Law also wanted to die at home and the nurses were brilliant, she died back in 2005 with Brain Cancer. It was especially hard for us as she was the main carer to her daughter (my wife) as she's had severe epilepsy f...
Hi Tony, i'd just like to add I agree with everything other members have said, you have your own life, there's nothing wrong in seeing your sister and helping out now and again but it sounds like you need ask for support for your sister (if nobody else will). My wife has severe epilepsy and requires...