[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Alice, my wife's epilepsy has continued to progress over the years, Lisa has seizures or clusters of seizures most days now, however thanks to the help of Adult Social Care we have a care package in place to support Lisa enabling me to continue working. I hope things improve for your husband we'v...
Hi Alice, my wife has had uncontrolled epilepsy for many years and has regular seizures. We see a few different types of seizures but she can also have the Atonic (drop attacks), we also use a wheel chair out and about as this makes life so much safer. Depression can be really hard to deal with even...
Hi Derek, i'm sorry to hear of your wife, it's really hard to see your loved one going through this. My wife has severe epilepsy and has regular seizures, and juggling work with caring and doing household chores isn't easy. It might be worth you asking for support from Adult Social Care?, as when my...
well it works well for my family situation and all carers involved whether they be family or not, it gives my wife the full time care she needs, it gives her as much independence as possible with people she knows best rather than strangers, how dare you use my post in this way Chris, I hope your int...
under present rules with our council and Direct payments you can employ a family member providing they don't live in the same household, however in exceptional circumstances it can be possible employ a family member in the same household but this would have to be agreed with your Adult Social Care t...
I'm really sorry to hear of your situation, my wife has clusters of seizures and needs regular rescue medication to bring seizures to an end ,so needs full time care/support, I really hope your son gets some seizure free days?. Epilepsy is so unpredictable for those that are uncontrolled, we try our...
Welcome back ! my wife (48) also has severe epilepsy. We are lucky to have a care package in place with social services who have been brilliant in our area. I really hope your son gets better control one day. We have a long history of trying various treatments here in the uk, my wife's condition sad...
Hi there, I'm Keven from W.Sussex I look after my wife who has mental health issues, I also have three children, all boys! My youngest son has just been diagnosed with epilepsy. Hi Keven, I look after my wife also she has severe epilepsy, I hope your son gets his seizures under control. I can be a ...
Hi Jon, it sounds like you're in a difficult situation, before you give up work have you thought of having a care needs assessment done by your local authority? My wife has severe epilepsy with seizures or clusters of seizures most days and requires 24 hr care. As you I work full time, caring and wo...
Hi Paul, another Paul here :roll: I'm sorry you've lost your job due to caring for your son it seems your employer should have been a bit more sympathetic :-??? . My wife has severe epilepsy and she has seizures or clusters of seizures most days. Epilepsy as you'll know is a very unpredictable condi...