Hi Julie Please note that once you are in receipt of your State Pension you will not be paid Carers Allowance as they are classified as "overlapping" benefits. Therefore technically you would only be able to claim CA for the period between September - November (assuming you meet the other relevant c...
Sue Its not power of attorney as hubby lost capacity to allow or understand that. Its Court of Protection guardianship.. I understand that's the route Kate is taking,as she stated her caree has no capacity? If it isn't court of protection then my mistake and I apologise Yes Pet I know the differenc...
I have today received reports from two members that a spammer (Adam_1903) has sent them PM's asking them to email him. Whilst Moderators and Admin can remove spam posts from the forum itself we cannot see or know about any spam private messages (they are, as described, PRIVATE). If you receive or ha...
Hello Kate Do you mean Deputyship for benefits being paid to the person you care for or are you referring to Deputyship for Power of Attorney (which is what Pet66 is referring to and which is quite different). As to completing forms I would suggest you contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau who s...
Hello Jojo and welcome to the forum :D As an ex-Carer I am sure you will have some valuable experience and advice to offer ! Please feel free to join in with any of the discussions currently taking place or, if you have some useful information on coping with a parent with Dementia then lots of our m...
Hello Lize and welcome to the forum :D

We're a friendly crowd and we don't bite ! so feel free to ask any questions you like - it's probable that one of our members will have come up against a similar problem and be able to offer advice from their own experience :)
Hello Kathleen :) Every case of dementia is different, some patients become aggressive, others become very passive - no two patients present exactly the same way. Your husband probably gets angry because he's frightened - he realises something is not quite right but can't figure out what is wrong. B...
There have been a few topics on this subject over the last couple of years or so. If you use the Search function from the Board Index page and enter +shared +lives in the Topic Title box and then click on Search at the bottom of the page you should get a list of the topics discussing the Shared Live...
How about arranging for Mum to have a 'pampering' manicure ? Either in a salon (if she is mobile enough to go out) or at home - like hairdressers there are manicurists who will visit at home. We had a similar problem with my Mum and my niece (who is a mobile hairdresser and manicurist) used to visit...
When I cared for my Mum who had Alzheimer's I found that the hardest thing was coping with the emotional side - all the practical things like keeping her clean, changing pads, changing the dressings her legs etc, I could do with ease but when she stopped recognising me that was so, so hard to cope w...