Morning Melly

I was in my local garden centre yesterday and saw that they sell individual clear orchid pots - the smallest size they have is 9 cm at £1 each.
Today, I went with a friend to visit Shropshire Cat Rescue at Bayston Hill. I'm not quite ready to take on the care of another cat myself as yet, but I always love visiting SCR with their kitten nursery and the wonderful Moggies' Retirement Village for the seniors! . Dee have you ever thought about...
Hi Jason Do you mean that Dad is passing tiny amounts of urine all day or that the bag itself is leaking? The only experience I have of catheters/bags is when I've had one fitted after an operation and I do recall that I kept passing tiny amounts of urine all the while it was fitted; but if it is th...
Hello Gordon I regret that we are unable to answer your question and would suggest that you contact your union (UNISON ?). Carers UK is a charity set up to advise and support those caring for a relative or friend in an unpaid, non-professional capacity - although some of our forum members are paid c...
Hello Jayne and welcome to the forum :) I think most Carers can relate to the way you feel - it can be very lonely caring for someone else especially when the caring is full on - friends and family all seem to disappear at the drop of a hat at a time when they are most needed ! We are a friendly gro...
You say that a lot of your residents have early onset dementia so I'm presuming that the majority are under 70 ? At my Mum's care home they used to have a musical duo visit regularly - they would lead sing-a-longs of all the popular songs from the war years and the early 1950's. All the residents th...
Eating for one. I get microwaved meals, I augment them with fresh veggies etc. Never oven cook now. I get the 'serves one' dishes. Wish more supermarkets did meals for one. When I see the 'serves two' signs on packets I get all upset again. :( Hey ho, roll on death. :lol: :lol: . Albert have a look...
I'm a bit hit and miss with orchids ! Some I've had have gone on producing new flowers year after year and others haven't lasted 6 months :roll: The only place I have that is OK for them is my kitchen windowsill - trouble is though that Bertie likes to watch the world go by from that spot so they of...
I've got a 15cm one you can have !

In the past though I've found small clear plastic pots in the £1 shop ! They're meant for food storage and usually come in a pack of 3 or 4. They don't have drainage holes but I found it relatively easy to make a few holes using a heated skewer :)
Hello Gloria I can so relate to how your feeling - I think most of us on here in a similar position will also empathise. It was the sense of no longer being "needed" that got to me the most after my Mum went into a care home. I found that volunteering helped me a lot - both here where I'm a voluntee...