thanks for posting Nichola :D

In my area local hospice charity shops are generally very happy to take continence products (providing the bags are unopened) and will also take the aids you mention for resale in their shops to raise much needed money for the charity.
Hello Andy - thank you so much for posting details of your events.

I'm sure any of members living the area and reading your message will take advantage of the offer !
Are you allowed to deduct charitable donations (I know it can impact tax codes)? If so, then a quick donation to whatever charity you want, of that 'surplus' is still a lot less than losing the full whack of CA for that period. No Jenny, charitable donations don't count things that do are 50% of pe...
Hello Regina Sad to hear Mum won't be coming home, but after 3 months in hospital I expect she will just be glad to get out of the place ! (I was going 'stir' crazy after 3 weeks, don't think I could have coped with 3 months.) Is there the prospect that she will be able to come home after a period o...
Don't forget that the CUK servers also serve the main website and CUK's in house computers.

"Bad Gateway" is quite common when servers need upgrading (as they all do at some point). - I've even had the message come up when using the Virgin Media website !
Posted by Michael today Hello all In response to some recent forum glitches that you've highlighted, I've contacted the IT developer for the forum (who is not a Carers UK employee but works for an external company) and have received the following tips and comments: 'Remember Me' function not working...
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits as they will be able to give you confidential advice based on your individual circumstances. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, n...
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits and will be able to give you confidential advice based on your individual circumstances. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no ma...
When my Mum was alive and in receipt of Attendance Allowance we agreed that she would pay towards the running cost of my car as it was mainly used for her benefit in one way or another ! To do this she would 'pay' me the total Attendance Allowance on alternate months (one month it stayed in her bank...
hi,my 85 year old mum is getting unsafe going on the commode in the night.wondered if there was any advice out there on the best pads or pants to get through the night and be dry.jane. I'd suggest getting (a) waterproof mattress cover; these days they are not 'crinkly' plastic but padded cotton top...