You are quite right - you can deduct 50% of any payments made into a personal pension plan quite legitimately. If you are earning, say, £120 per week you need to 'lose' a minimum of £4 per week. So you would need to pay £8 per week into the plan. It's often recommended to pay a bit more to take into...
The Carers UK Adviceline is currently only available Monday & Tuesday between the hours of 10am and 4pm - they try to answer all emails within 3-5 working days. You can also read the CUK fact sheet on Carers Allowance here - http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefit...
The only suggestion I have is that, as with all assessments, it's important to stress a "worst case"scenario - not what Mum can do but what she can't do on a bad day.

By the way have you had, or are you having a Carers Assessment too ?
I think the Care Home manager may be confused - CHC funding is supposed to be forever, but is usually reviewed annually to check that it is still applicable. After a hospital stay and where the patient is unable to care for themselves at home there is usually a 6 week 're-ablement ' scheme whereby C...
Hi all, I asked the question as I wanted to check I wasn't losing the plot! Last weekend we went to The Range. S bought a glass. I asked for it to be wrapped and the cashier disappeared briefly, then said she hadn't any wrapping but offered us a bag ( as we already had a reusable bag with us,) I as...
Hello Sajehar and WELCOME back - you have been missed ! So sorry to hear about all your problems and hope that stuff is back on an even keel now. Posting photos hasn't really changed (we have had some very BIG forum problems whilst you've been away and they're still not sorted 100% but we're getting...
Information has been forwarded to the IT guys.
thanks Chris
Yes ... between 11am and 2pm today. I've gone through the " Bad Gateway " diagnostics this end ... using 3 different browsers and connection settings ... no problem , only prevalent on the Carers UK site forum. OK Chris I'll report it, but could you please confirm what device you are using (desktop...
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:47 pm
3 so far ... on the new server.
Chris are you saying that you have had 3 bad gateway messages today?
The 3 reported previously on this topic were all before yesterday's upgrade .