[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
How much money is provided for unpaid carer support, are there any figures per year? and who decides how the money is spent? I have asked for advocacy, but as soon, as I mentioned I am an unpaid carer then I was refused Advocacy. The Advocacy place do not get funding for unpaid carers. But under the...
I too have had similar issues with a carers centre they have a fancy website promising the world but I think really they are overwhelmed and underfunded. In the old days they had the time and staff to help you every step of the way, provide advocacy, attend benefit tribunials, do home visits. Now it...
When my caree was discharged without their medication, needed the bed as usual, a local taxi firm delivered the medication in the evening. I had a sneaky look in the taxi, quite a lot of medication to be delivered. It is not your fault if the medication was not ready, that is the hospitals job to ha...
Hi I have contacted Rethink but very little was sorted out, there is no Rethink in my area, I have heard Rethink can provide Advocacy but they didn't. I have spoken to a few other organisations who in turn have referred me to other organisations miles and miles away but no one can provide local help...
Carers can and do help with pet care, walking, feeding etc it can be added to the care plan. A lot of carers are pet lovers/pet owners themselves. There are many people who love dogs but cannot have one but would love to help look after a dog walk etc. Try your local vets, they might be able to help...
Wasn't there that fund to ensure unpaid carers could have a break, I read about 400 million pounds provided by the government to provide essential breaks.

The Better Care Fund?
The district nurse team can visit and do injections, every day they deal with the diabetics who cannot inject themselves and change dressings etc. In our area they work every day and night, 24 hour call out. The hospital should have contacted the district nursing team or you can contact through the ...
I am looking after my caree suffering from physical and mental illness, last year they got to the point of not being able to cope anymore and took an overdose. I went down to A&E sat with them eventually they saw the crisis team who listened for about 10 minutes then handed my caree some leaflets ab...
My caree has received a letter about income related ESA , have we paid you the right money.

Asking about 2015/2016?

Does that mean she might get more money?

I have read about People with ESA being entitled to back pay.
Your daughter should have received a copy of the discharge plan and if your daughter was in agreement you should have received one as well. Ask for a copy of it to see what it says? There is the Mental Health triangle of care where the service user-your daughter, the carer-that's you and the mental ...