Our local mental health unit is closing down, old outdated needs modernising. Plans are to send people up to 50 or 60 miles away. How are the family or friends who may not have cars see and support their loved ones? And the transport how much will that cost and taking up an ambulance for 2 or 3 hour...
Dear Faye I can fully understand all your issues been there done that, bought the t shirt. The amount of times I had to fill in the gaps as the carer didn't turn up, turn up at the right time, turn up at all, dozens and dozens. These care agencies are getting paid thousands and thousands of pounds t...
The problem is that councils just do not do night care or emergency care, just too expensive, you get day carers and then in the night the caree is expected to cope on their own. Clearly unfair in this so called civilised society, we spend 15 billion upgrading trains and leave the elderly with no ni...
I am afraid you will have a fight on your hands, The council just don't provide night care too expensive, the council would have to pay carers night pay. I provided night care for quite some time to my caree as there was just no help/support at night. Unfortunatly the council now want elderly/disabl...
20 years of caring never had any support or break, only offered was to send my caree to a day centre about 4 hours a day, firstly, my caree doesn't want to go to a day centre. AND YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. And even if they do go to a day centre how abouts the evenings, night and weekends. There must b...
As my Ask the expert questions shows, I have had considerable problems with accessing any kind of support.I have been told repeatedly to contact Social Services. But they have never provided useful help. It was carers week last week, absolutely nothing advertised, one year the local carers centre wa...
Patients over 75 will get a named, accountable GP, says Jeremy Hunt. The changes will mean every person aged 75 and over will be assigned a named, accountable GP to ensure patients receive co-ordinated care. GPs will also take on more responsibility for out-of-hours care, with a commitment to monito...
NHS England loses 6,000 mental health nurses in 10 years. A quick look on the internet to help my caree, over 50 private pyschotherapists/councellors, generally you can get an appointment in a couple of days. But £40-£50 an hour. That's where all the mental health staff are, you can work from home, ...
I had a similar experience, one of my carees had a stroke and was sent home with 5 adult nappys, that's barely a days worth. Poor lady did not want to make a fuss and ordered every week from the local care supplys company, she must have spent hundreds of pounds. Eventually someone kicked off on her ...
It was in the papers, one MP promised that continuous assessment would stop for claimants with long term problems where it was clear people would not improve.