There was an article in one of the papers that literally hundreds of people with illness's like MS etc are forced to live in care homes as the council can't or won't provide the care. This isn't elderly people, disabled in their thirty's / forty's. The council just can't or won't provide the care or...
One of my carees is in the same boat as you say , has a high direct payments budget as he literally cannot do anything, very severely disabled. Everything was fine he was happy living in the community, an excellent care team which he had for years in a nice flat. Suddenly the council come along tryi...
I know a lot about IVA's , my friend who was working, mountains of debt got an IVA through the CAB, paid £240 a month for 5 years and the debts were written off. But I could never afford £240 a months, she was working, good job, good salary. From what I understand the IVA company get a fee for doing...
I have debts mainly credit cards, I have been paying them off for years through a debt management company. I keep getting people ring up about an IVA, writing off 70 per cent of my debts, cancelling all interest charges. I have always been told that as I am on benefits I cannot have an IVA? Is this ...
The current care package clearly isn't suitable for you or your father, I had similar issues with my caree expecting them to go bed early to suit the paid carers. But my caree could not get out of bed, bed bound so I had to go around and help nights. I see your dad has a solicitor, can they not brin...
Do you do, I think its called pets as therapy, they have it at our hospital, a lady takes a lovely dog into the hospital for patients to see. A lot of patients love seeing the dog very friendly dog, many have pets at home they can't see while in hospital. I have heard of similar schemes, alpacas, do...
I used to deliver leaflets a round of about 500 houses, and the amount someone would say "don't bother mate no one lived there for years". Perhaps 30 houses were empty. I did that round for 8 years and those houses very few anything happened just empty. Times that all over the country, thousands of ...
Thing is for my carees, there is no family, no warden to check on them, no emergency care team to come out.

Single elderly living on their own.

They are 100% dependent on the paid carers, at very least go with no dinner, but could have had a fall, no carer means lying there for hours.
I had the same issue with paid carers, frequently, I would get a call my carer hasn't turned up, can you come and help. The agency was contacted and yes very sorry it won't happen again, it was alright for a couple of weeks then the care started to slide downwards again. The agencys just don't have ...