Many others are in the same situation, social services arrange the most basic minimum of care and then leave you to get on with it. Social Services should be helping and supporting you especially as you are looking after both mum and your sister. Have you had a carers assessment, do Social Services ...
Hi I have had a good read through your post and I don't think the mental health services have been at all helpful. The crisis team should be arranging the most appropriate help to avoid the same situation happening again instead of just advising her to get help. Has there been a firm diagnosis of BP...
You can get those under cover cameras disguised as a teddy or a clock , is it worth trying to get one of those for video evidence?
I have seen quite a few schemes going on, the one above was for young people with mental health issues, who were unable to live at home or didn't want to live at home. Equally there are some care agencys that own property, not just big care homes, houses and again the same scheme, mentally or physic...
A few of my carees live in supported housing, there's a few charitys in Yorkshire who buy or are given houses through wills etc. They then split up the house into rooms e.g 5 bedroom house 5 rooms for people to live in, then a communal lounge kitchen etc. A support worker is provided for so many hou...
Cellulitis is very nasty, painful, my caree has diabetes 2 and gets cellulitis regularly. She feels very rough ill, doesn't feel like eating, start of the infection, then the rash starts going up your legs. Her GP has given a prescription in advance, as antibiotics are needed as soon as possible, wa...
This is exactly my problem the council are cutting everything and only giving basic care. Cleaning you can pay for a cleaner, the council won't pay for cleaning anymore. Shopping you can do that on the internet, who puts it all away, who prepares the meals, does the washing up? and the general house...
What is wrong with these doctors, a massive head injury and your mother is fit to go home on her own. Of course she isn't safe to go home on her own, what about concussion, dizziness, risk of falls. And your poor mother in A&E for hours and hours, the time limit for A&E is 4 hours, discharged or adm...
You can get an electric rechargeable hot water bottle , so no dealing with boiling hot water.

Just plug it in to recharge, when it goes cold plug it in again.
In my area the district nurses visit daily to help with diabetes injections and blood testing.

Can be arranged through the doctors.