Care in the community was introduced to get rid of care homes and instituations, young disabled were in care and subject to rules you can't do that you can't do this- go to bed at 10pm etc. To give the disabled their own home, their own space their own independence, it worked well then then the big ...
I don't think the Care Act has made any difference, my caree/carees are eligible for support and do get support but minimum support. Many have been disabled since birth and these disabilitys get worse and worse- more care, more help, support needed, but this just isn't taken into account. Off the re...
I can honestly say I have never met a discharge team/discharge nurse in my life, I did actually talk to one discharge nurse on the telephone, I also stuck a letter in the Pals box on the main desk. Completely totally ignored, it was agreed that my caree needed night care, was there anyone who could ...
That is exactly the problem my carees have, the service is cut and they are simply told to pay for it. The cleaning has been cut, we don't do that any more, we suggest you get a cleaning company to clean your house- £40 a week. The specalist disabled transport has been cut, instead of a couple of po...
This is exactly my issue , as their illnesses and disabilitys progress, and of course aging, my carees are getting worse and worse. They are needing more and more care, but it is just not available, they do not qualify for CHC, but are not entitled to any more care although they need more care. Who ...
I have seen similar devices with a belt clip but also one with a few receivers, one for upstairs , one for downstairs, one for the garage etc, about £20.00. Walkie talkies another possibility, myself and my caree found useful for a big supermarket or going around a big trade fair, can easily communi...
I have been corresponding with social services about my lack of unpaid carer help and support. I was told that a caree that I was helping refused a needs assessment, as there was no assessment the needs could not be ascertained and the case was closed. Because of this i too the unpaid carer was refu...
Near us a new pub/restaurant was built, car park about 100 spaces, disabled only 2 spaces, very rarely do we manage to get a space. Talked to the managers of the pub, according to new build regulations, they only needed to put 2 disabled spaces in. Our town has a high population of elderly/disabled,...
This could easily happen in my area, a lack of co ordination and communication, carers visiting carees homes who are in hospital but no one has informed the care agency. The hospital discharging carees but not informing the care agency, next day no carer calls. In the good old days there were warden...
Depends how much room outside you can buy a scooter store bit like a shed really or you could just get a garden shed to drive the scooter into, lock it up, protect from weather and getting stolen. anywhere from 200 or 300 pound for a basic garden shed , there are metal sheds keep your motorcycle/sco...