You don't get carers grants in Scotland and we also do not get CHC funding either as that is only for people who are in a care home or a hospital since the SNP sleekitly changed the rules without consultation...

Eun
Our Gp saw Robert a handful of times in his 31 years! In fact the gp who referred Robert to the hospital with his pancreatitis had never met him! When I told the gp we were desperate for help she asked us well what did we expect her to do about it? My GP did not accept that i am a manifesting carrie...
We stayed with Robert for 8 hours a day every day for the ten and a half months he was in the ICU but felt so guilty that we couldn't do what we did when he was in previously when I did the 12 hours during the day and my husband did the nights, due to my extremely severe osteoporosis and the fact th...
The only break we got was 4 times a year when our son went to the children's hospice and had he lived we would have lost even that even though our caring role was harder than most. I wouldn't care if it meant we could have him back again...
Also the horrible b**ch who camt to see us was smug and full of herself. I said we would be fighting this and that there was no way they were going to get away with dumping our son into one of these places and she smirked and said well you can try. What a disgusting attitude - all they care about is...
I will tell you exactly why some social workers are useless in my opinion. Is it acceptable for a social worker a person has never met before in his life to turn up at his bedside whilst he is in ICU fighting for his life (a fight he later lost) and tell him that it is not in the Social Work Departm...
The SNP government changed the rules on this so that you can only get this if you are in a care home or in hospital which sort of defeats the whole purpose of the thing does it not?

Eun
When Rob was alive and my husband and I had a carers assessment it was totally pointless as they told us they had no money and we would simply be marked down as "unmet need".

Eun
Charm you have got it wrong re carers being paid in Scotland by Dp's. We were told if you lived in the same house as the one you cared for you could not be paid - end of story. My husband and I both cared for our severely disabled son for 31 years until he died 14 weeks ago. For saving them tens of ...
They should consider getting rid of the parasitical royals (where's a guillotine when you need it) and the money saved could be put into social care.

Eun