[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sorry for not responding sooner. We may be sorted now, I don't know but we have recently had another bill for a time when no one was coming to the house . Watch this space
I should have said 'disrupts our routine, does the job less well than I do and for which my husband would have to pay'
No that's wrong, the respite care is for YOU. What I thought was resolved in relation to my first post is not. We are now dealing with the Financial Department of our County Council. Eventually my respite vouchers arrived. However the Council are still billing for a care package which isn't in place...
<t>Would your mum go into a care home while you went away? Would you be prepared to do that. Have you applied to your local authority for respite vouchers for YOU. I have respite vouchers which would basically give me a day off a week or two weeks off a year. We have carers come in to my husband if ...
Thanks again for all the welcomes. Hopefully have resolved the matter of respite by going to the top and intimating a complaint. Somewhat embarrassingly it seems the muddle was brought about because my husband spoke to someone at SS without telling me and said we needed more care. One of the perils ...
Thanks for welcome messages Image
Hi, Thanks for post. All is resolved, or pretty much so. It seems it has been part of a misunderstanding arising out of my husband's condition, or one of the many. He has had several small strokes and his memory is dreadful. It seems he may have had a conversation with the local authority at a time ...
<t>So sorry Sue,<br/> <br/> It depends on the employer whether they will give you time off to see this through.<br/> <br/> My husband has always needed some care but that has increased over the 10 years we've been married. I did work part time for a while, I was then past retirement age, but gave up...
<t>Hi,<br/> <br/> I'm Chris from NE Lancs caring for my husband who has a multitude of conditions, heart stroke, muscular dystrophy, arthritis, diabetes, deafness. He needs a new knee which affects his mobility but can't have one because of the surgical risk.<br/> He's pretty immobile and tends to f...
<t>Hi,<br/> <br/> Not really benefits though benefit related. Posted under another heading too!<br/> <br/> I'm just having a nasty experience with my County Council.<br/> <br/> Just over a year ago I retired so I could look after my husband who is disabled. A couple of times when I wanted to go away...