Well here i am again, Mum doing well at home, giggles a lot more than when she is in the hospital. Luckily appetite still good and seems to enjoy watching TV, laughing at it when there is children playing and running around. Unfourtunatly both Dad and I have had flu for a couple of weeks but been ba...
<t>Hello Gizmo<br/> My mother went through an aggressive patch, abusive towards nurses, myself and my father, it is another phase we have to cope with. My mother is now bed bound being nursed at home, she has had 6 mini strokes leaving her unable to talk properly or care for herself in any way at al...
<t>Well have just been told Mum is comming home to be cared for at home next thursday, I am terrified. Have been struggling with work, had boyfreind trouble and now this how much can a girl take ?. Feel so guilty as Dad desperatly wants her home so he can be with her and care for her but although i ...
<t>Well here i am again, hello folks. Mum been in hospital about 8 or 9 weeks now actually reallly happy and the nurses are wonderful. Mum is totally dependent on others for her feeding, drinking , continence and general care, we have tried looking at nursing homes but the ones we can afford are ter...
<t>Latest update:-<br/> Mum has suffered the third of three fits, this one leaving her immobile and bed bound in hospital. We are not sure about the total cause of the immobility but we have decided we cannot cope with her like this at home, the fear of more fits whilst she is at home is just to str...
Sorry to read you are low, i get the same feelings. at least I have my dad and we care for Mum together otherwise god knows how we would cope. I also send a hug plus a smile too hope it helps . Image (((((((HUG))))))))
<t>Hello folks heres an update;-<br/> Mum has had three strokes now each five weeks apart, the last one a week yesterday !!. Mums mobility gets worse each time and yesterday my Dad finally admitted we could not cope so rang the doctors. We had a doctor come out within half an hour and Mum was admitt...
Hi Loz, sorry to hear you are having a bad time, keep your chin up I know it is easy to say but IT WILL GET BETTER. There is lots of people in the similar situation just come on here and talk, it really helps. ( sending you an enourmous HUG) Image
Hi guys. Not too bad this weekend and hey Pete less of the old thanks !!!. We have had social services round assessing us for day care and rewspite so will leave it a few weeks the start shouting. They really have no idea how tough it is. Just having to repeat things is so frustrating and getting ou...
thanks for your caring replies we are now at the stage of looking at care homes for day care as dad finally has realized he cannot cope so will let you all know how we get on. I am at the stage now that I just want to stop as I am losing patience and it frightens me. http://www.carersuk.org/images/i...