My Mum was completely wheelchair-bound and couldn't stand so clothes could be pulled up or down. My solution, which worked well, though not too fashinable, was open-back trousers. You can get them in the USA, but the ones available in the UK are not too good. Link below contains links to US company ...
You're not doing anything wrong. Repeated conversations is part of dementia. My Mum doesn't have dementia as such but at 100 years old things have stopped working - she's chair-bound and can only use one arm. She has a very short-term memory problem. This has an effect of her saying she wants someth...
Thanks for all your suggestions. I have independently come to the same solution as Scruffy since Mum can't easily be rolled because of scoliosis and also I wanted a solution so I could do it myself. I also use open-back trousers for Mum which I have had to make myself. See http://www.alsfrombothside...
Try Tena Flex pants http://www.tena.co.uk/looking-after-lov ... flex-plus/
My Mum can't stand and I push these under her and pull up the front. They come in various absorbencies and sizes. A bit pricey but you can get then VAT-free off the Tena site.
I care for my fairly frail 100-year-old Mum with help from 2 carers once a day to get her up and dressed. Mum is unable to stand or weight-bear and has little upper-body strength. She's also got a curved spine which means she flops over sideways. We now have a ceiling hoist - one track in the bedroo...
<t>Thankyou for your replies.<br/> The OT has assessed Mum for a toileting sling but says she doesn't have sufficient upper body strength for it to be safe. Mum is 99 and has scoliosis.<br/> I have tried the hoist to bed and roll but this is difficult because Mum can't roll easily ('cos of the scoli...
My Mum is chair-bound, can't weight-bear and has very little upper body strength. We have a hoist and sling which the carers use in the morning to get her out of bed and onto her day chair. Any advice on how to get pants off to go to the loo and and on again whilst using the sling and hoist?