Hi Again Thanks to all for the replies, I don't think that the MIL would qualify for AA, she is demanding and my wife finds herself down-there most days for a few hours but i don't think that on medical grounds she would qualify for support. she just needs her meds sorting out , a bit of housework a...
Hi all, for the last year while on UC my wife and i have both been acting as carers for our son who needs 2 people to look after him, one needs to be on standby during the night as he is aways getting up and 'doing things' and while hes awake he has challenging behaviours that take some controlling,...
Hello again, Thanks for all the kind replies, We have had a number of assessments and have been given a night a week respite and get a few hours a week respite now via direct payments but the one night he goes to respite he often will self harm ( bangs his head against walls or anything else, last w...
Hi This is my 1st post, just joined. My wife and I both act as carers for our 23 year old son that suffers from Autism, he has very little speech and has challenging behaviours and epilepsy too, he really needs 2 people to look after him , he is very strong willed and a big lad now which can cause p...