We should call their bluff, lets welcome all these new carers rights to work and demand they pay agency's to do our job while we go off on courses to learn how useful our caring has been for future employment and then we can join the queue at the JC while the LA pays £££££'s having agency's provide ...
It's really all about undervaluing carers, help back into work, what they mean is "real" work. I'm almost 60yrs old and have cared for my very severely disabled son round the clock for 20 yrs, I have a forced appointment this week with my work coach under threat of sanction. I phoned to explain my s...
I don't welcome anything at all about this total waffle, never seen so many words that say precisely nothing, absolute disgrace.
Would have been nice to see carer groups express nothing but regret at having wasted precious minutes reading such patronising rubbish.
I haven't got a draft copy yet, when I asked about it the care co-ordinator(not a social worker) said they are prioritizing the emergency's ie someone was currently losing their home. She did say there would be no DP though, they might replace a broken bed and that would be all. I want to know what ...
Thanks for the reply, yes, we receive all the benefits we are entitled to, it was just I was under the impression that a carers assessment could mean some help with things proving too much on top of caring duties but it seems it's more of a discretionary thing. I wouldn't have bothered with such an ...
I asked SS yesterday about the outcome of my carers assessment. I am primamry carer for my 20yr old son with severe learning difficulty's and very challenging behaviour among other things. Anyway I'm struggling to keep the garden under control and was hoping for a DP to hire someone on a regular bas...
Thanks everyone for the help. Bowlingbun I checked out the CCG website and very clearly my son should receive a personal budget and not a commissioned service, been up so late reading and printing but knowledge is everything. Wish I'd known before I went to the assessment but wasn't really expecting...
Thanks for the information, the thought of more fighting is so overwhelming but there is a real fear that my son would be hospitalized possibly under section. The only way they would avoid a section or even manage would be using powerful anti psychotics which are unnecessary with the high level care...
My son has just been assessed as being eligible for CHC, the issue seems to be where? They seem to be suggesting he move to a residential facility which we do not want and don't believe to be in his best interests. My son has severe learning difficulty's and autism but also has a multiple seizure di...
Yes, thanks for that, I will ring the help line but I guess the issue is that whatever the assessment says the panel have to agree it and it seems from my discussion with the CC that it's not a given that they will agree, wish I'd known that from the outset so I wouldn't have employed people. Maybe ...