[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
Hi Melly, my mum is in here mid 50s. I agree, a lot of this is because I feel I'm completely alone in this. Not only that, I feel I have to hide all of this from my family. I have to pretend it's all going to be ok and it'll get better (and is). The amount of times I've asked for help and been told ...
<t>Hi, I've been here before but I feel ashamed asking for help because I feel shouldn't. I don't think I can do this anymore. <br/> <br/> I care for my mother who has psychosis. She has turned into someone else this past year. I look at her and don't recognise her. She makes me so mad. <br/> <br/> ...
<t>Hi all, Thanks again for your support.<br/> <br/> I had my birthday which I was hoping would be good. The night before I had a great time watching some Stand up comedy with my mum. I went be bed thinking it would be a good day.<br/> <br/> I woke to see my mum in a really bad mood. She would not t...
Hi all. Things got really really bad today. I woke to find my mum saying that her head is being "sucked in". She thinks that she has a parasite or something that is putting holes in her head and sucking it in. She also had one of her physical syntoms which is where her mouth moves a lot. She covers ...
Hi Conrad Hope you are managing to get some rest. I would agree with Lell regarding challenging your mum's delusions. In my experience that just increases the paranoia, and does not make my mum change her mind about her own 'reality'. Although it is very, very difficult I know. The official advice ...
Hi Conrad, welcome to the forum. I'm really concerned that no one has noticed the effect all this is having on you. Please ring Social Services on Monday and ask for an URGENT Carers Assessment. After years of caring without a break, I developed life long health problems, and there are many others ...
<t>your right. I know that sleep can really mess me up. I had a good sleep as my mum had my sister to look after her... Like she is at this moment. <br/> <br/> I do worry that my mum is lying about what she is feeling. She has done this before and then taken a overdose or done something to try to ki...
<t>Hi all, thank you so much for your replies.<br/> <br/> Things have got even worse since I wrote this. I did not get to bed until 1pm which meant I was up 29hs. Since I woke I found out that my mum has been crying and now thinks I may be part of something to get her locked up in prison or in a men...
Hi, I found websites like this a great help. I know the site name sounds bad but I found http://www.suicideforum.com a GREAT help! I still use it for my mother and sister who are suicidal. It is NOT a pro-suicide forum and offers so much help to people. Through having a family member talk about thin...
<t>Hi all, I look after my mother who has psychosis. She has been in hospital quite a few times now and had a long stay in a mental hospital around 15 years ago. <br/> <br/> She has delusions which are very common now. But I am getting really confused with her as some of the things she talks about I...