[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm afraid all the doom and gloom responses we have received from everyone has completely put us off of the venture so it looks like we will be staying renting for the time being.
this is not about avoiding legal and moral responsibilities or avoiding any tax or potential Social Services fees this is about safeguarding my Father's savings in an ever deepening recession and about making our home and lives more secure . There is a very real chance of us losing our rented accomm...
<t>thanks everyone for your advice. <br/> Audrey ..he is already receiving attendance allowance but we get nothing else save rent and rates allowance .<br/> Suzieq thank you for your useful advice. I wasn't aware of the aged 60 rule of carers and as I turned 60 this year it is very relevant to our s...
<t>this is an interesting and perplexing topic. Clearly the Government are worried at the trend.<br/> Whilst I agree that longer lives are undoubtably resulting in a much higher incidence of Dementia that doesn't account for the significant increase of cases diagnosed in the past 2 decades in people...
same here. I am having exactly the same thoughts about my Dad.Although 89 he is as strong as an ox and quite healthy. His blood pressure is better than mine.! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_rolleyes.gif Its a wicked disease to watch daily as it gradually takes a loved one away. Its a slow decli...
if your Mum is bed ridden or getting very little exercise then she is likely to have a very poor transition rate in her intestinal tract. I would say it would be crucial for your mum to have a regulated diet possibly with some special additives or natural roughage/ laxitives etc. I would contact her...
<t>Hi everyone.<br/> I joined some time ago but find i very difficult to talk about my problems and situation I have always been a very private person and fiercely independant. For 45 years I have been a provider for my family and have given advice and helped others in every way possible. <br/> <br/...
Hello everyone. I find myself in a bit of a dilemma and would like to ask if anyone has faced a similar situation. My partner and myself care for my elderly Father who is disabled and suffers with dementia. He has sold his house and has lived with us in our rented accommodation for the past 2x years...
Hi Colin,

We were recently told by an OT from the Council that Social Services can arrange for kerb dropping so it might be worth contacting them to see if they can help. Good luck.

Lyn
________
Lamborghini Lm003 History