[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Sallyanne,

Welcome to the forum. There is plenty of help and support here.

Karen xx
Thanks ,
I think you all must be angels in disquise I feel a bit better today. x
Hi Sallyanne, We had 3 attempts before my son got his DLA. as people have said it's not so much the diagnosis as the day to day help and support they need. My son has Klinefelter Syndrome which is a genetic disorder and some of the symptoms are similar to aspergers in as much as social skills, read...
Welcome to the forum Sallyanne Image
Thank you so much Image
Hi My 16yr old son has Aspergers and is now classed as an adult. The only difference I found is that the form is easier to fill out and I had to be made an appointee for his dla. I don't think it's a s much about the diagnosis as it is about the effect it has on his life and how much care he needs....
Hi and welcome, have you a welfare rights service, they help me deal with my daughters dla claims, she has learning disability and was diagnosed earlier this year with aspergers....they are brill as they know the format of the form and what is needed etc, ask at your local social services or look i...
Hello. I only joined the Forum a couple of months ago and have found it helpful just knowing that I'm not alone! I hope when your son is reassessed for DLA they take into account the full impact his difficulties have on his day to day life and the real need for you to be there to support him. When ...
Welcome Sallyann - personally I can't help wth advice as my caring role is at the other end of the age range (I care for my Mum who is 85 and has alzheimers), but I'm sure that someone will be along soon who is in a similar situation to yourself and give you relevant advice. susieq Thanks for your ...
http://dev.carersuk.org/j3/images/icon_lol.gif Hello everyone , its been such a long time since i was last on the forums. Does anyone know how the DLA views aspergers. I care for my son who is now 18 and on the adult services. post traumatic stress , deppression, anziety was his diagnosis for which...
http://dev.carersuk.org/j3/images/icon_sad.gif Hi, does anyone know if I should write a letter saying my son wants my involvment in his care once he goes to adult services. I know he would want this, as he dosnt have any confidence and is unable to express himself when talking to docters about how ...
Image thank you oaklady.