[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I apologise if my comment caused offence. I am in the same position of needing to source external care. I am caring 168 hours a week and have been for the last 11years. I had hoped when I saw his thread go up that here would be some really helpful advice from the people who experience sourcing ex...
<t>Hi Sally,<br/> I would recommend that both you and your daughter look at EFT, it is a system of tapping various acupressure points to relieve symptoms of both emotional and physical distress. Someone could tap on your daughter if she is unable to do it herself.<br/> <br/> It sounds like you have ...
Stunning lack of advice on this thread. I would have hoped carers would have some positive constructive advice, anyone!
<t>I think you are doing what you think is best for you and your Mum, if its your Mums home and her privacy surely it's her approval that counts. No good support worker would object, after all it's no different to you being in the house when they are present.<br/> <br/> I am interested to know what ...
Hello Eun,
Point taken but the opposite can also be true of isolation in a so called normal housing situation,
Regards
<t>I have been considering the prospect of an intentional community for a few years now.<br/> It is a housing living situation whereby each household has their own home and then shares other living spaces, optional meals each. Offering mutual support and shared values.<br/> <br/> This would be for f...
<t>I have been considering the prospect of an intentional community for a few years now.<br/> It is a housing living situation whereby each household has their own home and then shares other living spaces, optional meals each. Offering mutual support and shared values.<br/> <br/> This would be for f...
<t>Looking at similar prospects myself Chis. Caring for my son 24/7 he is 23. Being forced to look at prospects as a sole carer, if anything happens to me, the situation will be dire. It seems that although lots of support workers are my age and older, I am expected to prepare him for my demise at 4...
<t>Thanks for the replies.<br/> Dun caring I appreciate fully what you are saying.<br/> I do however think that caring for a child is different, our need to protect is huge and yes self sacrificing. The life planning that goes with it is extremely daunting. Sole destroying.<br/> <br/> To others cari...
Are there any lone carers out there, people with no help or support from family, friends, partners, husbands, wives or social care.
People providing 24/7care in isolation.
Please let me know, I really Need to feel that I am not alone!