I have only just seen your reply SheWolf and must say it is a surprise to me to hear you have actually been listened to by your health care professionals. I did as advised on here and went to see the Doctor about my back pain, he gave me a note back dated and I attended an assessment however, this m...
it's all very well me claiming benefits but it is no substitute for earning my own wage, that is why I feel angry, because I was let down by everyone even though I asked, asked and asked again for help my pleas were ignored and as a result will probably never be able to work again yet would have had...
Hi Even though Social Services gave me a carers assessment and during it I mentioned several times that my back was in severe pain with all the lifting my Wife in and out of bed between 4 and 6 times in 24 Hours I was only given two carers visits a day and no training or equipment or even advice on ...
Sorry for long delay in replying but I have had no internet access for ages. Jenny, job suggestion is a no go as I am suffering chronic back pain and am hobbling about on sticks caused by all the lifting of my wife in and out of bed 5 to 10 times a night before she passed away last May. Looking back...
i have posted on here previously as my wifes carer, she passed away in may this year and i have been in a daze since then, i have lost my job and house, had to sell up to pay off debts for stairlift and all the equiptment alterations to the house etc. i had to buy to try and make my wifes life a lit...
many thanks Folks
Hi, I am just about to Apply for the first time for Carers Benefit as my SSP (Sick Pay) ran out last Friday after Six Months, does SSP count as Income the same as a Wage does as I can see no mention of SSP on all the Help about Carers Allowance?

Many Thanks

Robin
will do Tomorrow
I am now wondering whether to contact our local paper?
Hi crocus, we are waiting for Social Services to re assess my Wife but have been told as they are so short staffed and busy it may be some Weeks before they can do so.