<t>Hi<br/> I have been told to ring 999 if seizures/unconsciousness go on for longer than 5 mins or are different from usual.<br/> I follow this instruction- when OH was having regular full tonic clonic seizures I knew some of the local ambulance crew quite well! But they were always quick to reassu...
<t>Unfortunately you have to have a confirmed diagnosis as a celiac to be eligible for gluten free food on prescription. This is not easy, involving tests after yo7 have been on a 'normal diet' for a while. So this means you have to eat food you know will make you ill just to get the confirmed diagn...
<t>Hi Greywolf<br/> Have just read all through this thread in an attempt to get information about how best to help my husband <br/> Ian is on a gradually increasing dose of Lamotrigine which does not seem to be working. Reading about all the problems and side effects of the drugs is thoroughly depre...
<t>HI Grey wolf<br/> I do not know if this will help but my husband has been on a gluten free diet for about 4 years - since our grandaughter was diagnosed a celiac and our daughter worked out what had been wrong with her and her dad for years!<br/> Ian had a stroke last year and has developed post ...
<t>Hi<br/> I am new to this site so I hope this message is in the right place.<br/> I wonder if anyone has any advice on how to find some sort of genuine work i can do from home whilst caring for my husband.<br/> Years ago there were jobs like making badges, cards, painting ornaments etc that paid b...
Thanks Charles.
I have been told that post stroke epilepsy has a high %age rate of being successfully controlled by drugs but it does take time.
Hopefully the doctors will find something that works for Ian, But you are right, the seizures are scary until you get used to them.
<t>Hi everyone. I have just joined the site but have been looking after my lovely husband for just over a year now. He suffered a stroke whilst working abroad. Not the best way to return to Uk - no home, no job for either of us, out of regular contact with old friends, not able to claim bebefits as ...