[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I also meant to say just what a lottery these powder/liquid foods are - on her second visit to A&E on Friday the doctor there suggested we try Build Up - they gave her one there and she was fine with it and even told the doctor it was 'lovely' - the doctor did say people's tolerance to them v...
<t>Hi everyone and thank you so much for all your replies. I haven't been online as I have a terrible weekend with my mum, I honestly feel she isn't at all well and needs a good spell in hospital being properly hydrated and observed for a decent period of time. She had a fall on Friday and her carer...
<t>Hi Meg and thank you, I did try diluting the Fortisip drinks but they still came back I'm afraid and now of course the unpleasant experience means she will never try again even though it may not happen for a second time! I will certainly investigate the suggestions that Parsifal and Sue have give...
<t>Sue and Parsifal - thank you so much for taking the time to reply, you have no idea just what a comfort it is to read of other people's experiences and suggestions. I will certainly make enquiries about a dietician making a domicilliary visit as apart from anything else my mother is getting so ph...
<t>Parsifal - thank you so much, just reading your thoughtful reply was enormously helpful. We go to our GP next week to check how the water infection is getting on (hopefully the antibiotics will have worked their magic by then although I appreciate in very elderly people it may take some time) and...
<t>I wondered if anyone could give me some advice. I care for my 95 year old mother who is generally in reasonable health. She has high bp which is under control with medication, takes medication for depression, has osteoarthritis and osteoporosis and also suffers from a hiatrus hernia and gastric r...
<t>Hi Tony - as a new member to the forum, I am finding it incredibly comforting just reading through other posts and realising that even though our personal situations are very diverse we are all here for understanding and support. You say you have a close circle of good friends but you are wary of...
<t>Hi Rosemary, lovely to read your reply. I have had a quick look around the forum and it certainly looks a lively place! It is really nice to have found you all, I am finding things quite difficult at the moment as my mother has definitely now entered a new and very frail stage and although at her...
<t>Hi, my name is Debbie and I am new here. I care for my 93 year old mother and I am also in full time employment. I am starting to find life very difficult now although do try to count my blessings and appreciate that life is harder for so many carers out there (and carees too). Hope to meet lots ...