I hope someone can help, our CHC team have just announced to us that the rate we can pay under direct payments is a net figure not gross. IE they are telling us we can pay £8.50 an hour but this figure is after any NI and tax payments in other words we have to give a gross rate that is dependent on ...
Thanks for the tip Bowlingbun good advice we have actually already gone down that route and been accepted financially its a great relief.

Worth anyone with life threatening issues following up.
I have been caring for my O/H for 35 years we have been married for 39 her illness be came apparent four years later when she had to give up work. We have together and with an assortment of helpers nannies home helps and now PAs had a son and brought him up, my O/H condition has been markedly worsen...
We discovered these toilets by accident on the internet and they have proved an absolute godsend. They have increased our range of travel to day trips rather than just a couple of hours amongst other things allowing us to attend the wedding of a very dear friend's daughter yesterday which we had pre...
Hi guys this might be old hat to all of you but I was totally unaware of these toilets they are a little sparse in some areas but its fantastic that they are available. We have not had the opportunity to use them yet but only found out about them tonight by chance amazed that none of the professiona...
<t>Hi can anyone help we have just been told that my OH will be moving from LA Direct Payments to NHS Continuing health Care. We have been assured there will be no change, but as ever I am sure that is not the case.<br/> <br/> I assume someone or several of you have gone down this road.<br/> <br/> S...
Suggest you get on to the SS to have an OT carryout a risk assessment which is what we did for our PAs not surprisingly she said there is no need for two people ( after all I have no one to assist myself on the night shift 6 pm to 9 am) the agencies insist that they need two people for Health and Sa...
Thanks everyone, I downloaded the relevant form and blurb from the HMRC website garage was happy to do it saved £300 for once a result!
<t>As I am sure you are all familiar the phrase "we will have to come out and reassess you" generates a great deal of concern my OH currently has help all during the working day which she needs in order to do anything.<br/> <br/> Last year we had a financial assesment in April ( which had to be corr...
<t>Hi has anyone had sucess getting a local garage to accept they do not have to charge VAT for repairs on a WAV car, it is second hand but good our, cam bet snapped despite regular services and the engine is as they say totally buggered. The repair is going to cost 1750 plus VAT so its worth asking...