[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My Wife's care is currently fully funded by Adult Care because of the level of Healthcare support needed she is being moved to NHS Continuing Healthcare. We ran out of funds and assets years ago, so it should not make any ďifference to us financially. However I do get 12hrs each week of respite care...
Think on this, whilst Tory MPs refuse to provide adequate support for Unpaid Carers and the people they care for; they are quite content to fill their pockets from 2nd Jobs and exploiting MP expenses rules on renting out a property they own at £1k/week and then claiming up to £1900/month to rent ano...
There are a number of issues that highlight the Government's total misunderstanding of the pressure on unpaid Carers. They are planning to add to our load with the NHS implementing a new policy "Discharge to Assess". The reality will be that the vast majority of patients will be discharged with no s...
I received a letter from the NHS on Monday, offering me a Covid Booster because I was registered as an Unpaid Carer with our GP. I had already received a letter inviting Ros for a Booster. So I called 119 and was able to book a joint appointment. So thank you to Carers UK for its fight to get Unpaid...
Once again another budget where Social Care and Unpaid Carers have been completely ignored. It is time we used our power if we are to get a fairer deal. Governments of all colours fail us and our loved ones because there is no consequence for ignoring us. Like many of my fellow unpaid carers we have...
Concerned about the confused messages about priorities. Phase 1 was supposed to be Cohorts 1 thru 9, with Cohorts 1 to 4 completes by 15th Feb and Cohorts 5 thru 9 completed by Easter. Now there appears to be some confusion about if Cohorts 5 thru 9 will be done as per original Phase 1.
As we approach the new lockdown, I have seen nothing from National or Local Govt on what support is being put in place to support us. Most of us have been in some form of lockdown since March. In Lockdown phase 1 there was help with shopping and other support available. But this time a deafening sil...
Interesting piece on Emma's 5 Live programme. Discussion was on respite or lack of it. In Hertfordshire you can still get emergency respite, although the qualification hurdle is quite high. Think ACS Depts need to come up with more creative ways of providing breaks for unpaid Carers.
Lack of sleep in my opinion is one of the biggest contributors to the deterioration in the mental and physical wellbeing of unpaid carers. This morning is the first time in 4 days I have had 6hrs of broken sleep. There seems to be little or no recognition of the damage being done to unpaid carers. M...
As a Carer for both Ros my Wife who has MS and Dementia and my Mum who has 2 forms of dementia and a failing heart, Covid is proving a big challenge. We still have to have 2 Carers, 4 times daily to manage Ros. Years of Caring plus a bad Car accident means I can do little of the moving & handling ne...