[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Interesting piece on Emma's 5 Live programme. Discussion was on respite or lack of it. In Hertfordshire you can still get emergency respite, although the qualification hurdle is quite high. Think ACS Depts need to come up with more creative ways of providing breaks for unpaid Carers.
Lack of sleep in my opinion is one of the biggest contributors to the deterioration in the mental and physical wellbeing of unpaid carers. This morning is the first time in 4 days I have had 6hrs of broken sleep. There seems to be little or no recognition of the damage being done to unpaid carers. M...
As a Carer for both Ros my Wife who has MS and Dementia and my Mum who has 2 forms of dementia and a failing heart, Covid is proving a big challenge. We still have to have 2 Carers, 4 times daily to manage Ros. Years of Caring plus a bad Car accident means I can do little of the moving & handling ne...
A week ago the rules on PPE changed. Care Workers attending Non symptomatic Shielded individuals should wear apron, gloves and now a mask. Where we live they were supplied with 50 masks. They have not managed to organise another delivery. To comply with the rules they need 80 masks a day to deal wit...
I look after my Wife who is in the shielded category. We also have my Mum here because she could not cope, because of her dementia. We have 8 carers a day come to support Ros because I have a spinal injury I cannot do the moving and handling. I was told by one care company who look after Ros that th...
Yesterday I had an awful day trying to organise food and essentials for the two people I look after. I could not use the protected entry slots at Sainsbury because I am 68 and it was assumed that I could shop at anytime. Problem is that by the time I gained entry there were no toilet roll. Trying to...
Many of us don't need to have free food from a food bank, just a way of getting the food we need. It is possibly the most stressful aspect of looking after my Wife and Mum. Ensuring I have food and cleaning materials. Govt seems reluctant to address the issue, pleading with people to do the right t...
Where is the practical support for Carers. Looking after my Wife (70) with MS and my Mum (90) vascular dementia and Alzheimers is proving a real challenge. Can't isolate, we have 8 paid Carers a day to support Ros. Mum is kind of coping. I moved Mum in because she would not cope in isolation. Bigges...
Has any unpaid carer been advised what is to happen to their cared for in the event they or their paid carers contract corona virus. I am able to do some of the work but cannot do any lifting due to scoliosis of the spine. The current advice is to try and recruit friends and family to help. Not sure...
Did I miss something? The budget had more money for the NHS but no mention of more funding for Social Care. There seems to be little or no plan to support Carers through the Corona pandemic. For my wife to renain at home we are supported by 8 Paid Carers How am I to replace that support? If I get Co...