[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I am sorry if i sounded ungrateful ❤️ I get frustrated sometimes I absolutely know what help is available and I also know each person’s situation is different with different local authorities and for some the help comes easy. I do get upset my children and lovely grandchildren have all had to take a...
Think what I’m saying is it doesn’t help me to chase and call and feel like I’m begging for actually what is supposed to be there in the first place. That battle is harder , more degrading and time consuming then just doing it yourself!! I know there is supposed to be all these lovely systems in pla...
Bless you!! You make it sound like there’s a magic fairy waiting outside Almost every request I’ve made has been ignored or I have been Told wrong information or lied to And when they have listened or promised they haven’t followed through could give you a list as long as my arm but like I said befo...
I wonder how the government nhs and social care would hold up if every unpaid carer downed tools for a day or two and see how they would cope? Bet you then we would have the respect and recognition we deserve. But as Carer’s we wouldn’t do that and they take advantage of us for it!!
I do have family that help out. I’m happy with my role. Yes if I wasn’t able he would probably have to go in a nursing home as the last resort. I don’t know what the future holds we have fabulous days and then bad days where you think this is the end and 24 hours later we are having a fab day again ...
My experience went from mobile and continent to bed bound and double incontinent overnight because hospital screwed him over and ignored my pleas to stay with him came out almost 3 weeks having been told had pneumonia which they treated by laying him flat on his back then a massive fit that they tre...
Hi absolutely I also know how difficult it is to get it to get anyone in authority to listen for them not to fob you off with miss information or clear lies and I also know if someone needs that level of care the only place they’re going is the local care home cheapest one they can find!!!
Omg I’ve just worked out that my husbands care cost is £46 an hour because he needs two Carer’s but that’s £46 an hour or £1104 per day or £7778 per week or £402,960 a year not including administrative fees the government pay me 40p an hour or around £9.60 a day £67.25 a week £3497 a year includes a...
Thanks Ayjay I’m sorry to hear about your wife. I do have lots of those hard days and sometimes more bad than good. I am lucky to have an amazing family. My husband is double in continent bed bound since July and unable to do any of his personal care I have had 2 hours respite this year Some days we...
Hi I know a lot of people with Aspergers normally have a passion about something and in my experience are so amazing at self learning when it comes to these. It doesn’t need to be politics just happens to be my sons. He certainly become more confident since starting the course and he’s enjoying been...