There has been quite a bit talk about birthdays lately so if you want add your name and birthday to this thread please do so.We used to have one but it was started back in 2007 and quite a few members no longer with us. January Lazydaisy 16th 1962 Nilla 19th 1959 Melly 25th ladybird (Angie) 28th Fe...
Both my Mum and I have been sent letters about E.ON wanting to come out to install smart meters. Are they worth it? It depends on what way you have the meter read. If they call each quarter to read the meter then it will put a stop to that. I don't actually look at usage on my home unit very often,...
I had a smart meter from E-On a couple of months ago. One reason was the remote meter reading so that we did not have callers to read the meter if I was out shopping and my wife is unable to get to the door. The 'home device' is in the garage near the old meter and connection as the wi-fi signal is ...
For the past year I did a lot of DIY and decorating as we had moved into a new(ish) bungalow in August 2017. Now that has finished I tend the garden a little, never been good at that in the past, do a lot of model building and reading. Also researching family tree. I find a good book at night is ide...
Hello everyone. I am Anthony, but have always been called Ray, (2nd Christian name). Have you ever found that a problem in life Ray? I'm in the same position, first name Alexander but have always been known as John, my second name. Everyone on my father's side of the family has been known by their ...
Hi Ray It would be worthwhile you contracting Macmillan nurses or the local hospice as these are the experts in pain care. Mentioning 'hospice' doesn't mean she's destined there, these days most offer wonderful home support, sometimes called 'hospice at home'.. One common thing all of us on here ha...
Hello Anthony and welcome Well done in taking that big step to come forward, its not often easy. As you will already have read, there will be ideas how to get financial, physical and practical help, mainly for your wife, but we are here for carers. So what help/support do you get? Do you have famil...
Hello everyone. I am Anthony, but have always been called Ray, (2nd Christian name). I am 72 years old and my wife, Elaine, is 67. In June 2017 just after we had bought a new bungalow, she was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer. Further tests revealed that she also had Ovarian Cancer and was told it was at...