Reading your posts it is so obvious that all of you, despite the things which are changing or have changed, have a deep seated love for your husband. This is a gift which nothing can take away from either of you. When my husband ( of almost 51 years) became slightly altered in personality because of...
My husband has been extremely fortunate. When the LA increased his charges by 11.5 % with no discussion I sent an email to the CC for Adult Social Care. She came out to visit. Following her visit the Senior Assessor came out and did a new assessment. The result is his monthly cost has been quite con...
Melly, would it be worth asking your GP to write to those who issue the Blue Badges?
My GP did that and told them why I needed one even though you would not think so from any outward appearances ( except grimacing with pain! :) )
They gave me one and it's an enormous help.
Try it?
Sally,
She is absolutely not degree level :D Unless these days you don't need to exercise your brain to get a degree?!
My children could spell better when they were 7 years old.
I do agree with that bowlingbun. Of course with regards to the literacy bits I'm probably too demanding. My husband tells me that the sort of computers they are given to use don't have 'spell checks' :o I thought they were standard with every computer? There's also a site called Grammarly which is w...
I'm really grateful for the advice given here and am just going off to post my letter to the Locality Team Manager now! I do know that he always deals with things very efficiently and promptly. I just hope I don't get this girl into trouble but they really do need to do employee appraisals. Thanks a...
Thanks for that very good advice Mrs Average. I am going to return the corrected version to the Locality Team Manager and ask for a corrected version to be sent to me. Personally I don't understand why all that private information is needed as my husband's Carer. When my husband recently had a new f...
Unsurprisingly she's not on it. Her boss is!! As I said, I doubt very much she would pass the 11 plus. She can't spell, can't write correct grammar, can't record correctly any facts she's been given! grrrrrr! She's a very nice person but useless at her job in my opinion. Here's something funny, when...
Thanks Chris.
The incorrect assessments don't bother us too much as they are so laughable. I'm just amazed that some standards of literacy etc are not required.
Our Social Services Locality Team sent one of their Social Workers to do these Assessments.. One for my husband and one for me. I am totally amazed at the poor standard of literacy and the number of totally inaccurate statements made. :ohmy: Clearly the person did not listen to what was being said w...