Actually, it is NOT useless, because it clearly shows the intention of the "donor". I used my copy of mum's LPA, awaiting finalisation, on a number of occasions, especially when dealing with the medical profession. Crikey. An unregistered LPA should not have been accepted - direct contravention of ...
Hi Not sure if I've followed properly, but regarding the LPA, copies are only valid after the LPA has been registered and returned to you. The copy then needs to be of the registered LPA, and certified by the donor by writing: "I certify this is a true and complete copy of the corresponding page of ...
Hi Faye I hope your visit to your dad has gone okay this evening. I've read loads of your posts on the forum about what you are going through with your dad and just how much you are doing for him. I agree with what other people have said about this being financial abuse - £40 a week is more than a t...
Hi Teresa Whatever happens, don't give up work! Have your dad's care needs been assessed by Social Services? It sounds as if you have moved back in with your dad and so the things you're currently doing to support him are 'in lieu of rent'? You are already dong a lot. If / when your dad's care needs...
Hi Chris Is the house owned by your MiL? It sounds as if she has given you joint ownership when you moved in? How do SS know you have spent money refurbishing the house? Is the 60K you've spent or hers - if hers, can you prove that it is *all* in the best interests of the donor e.g. rewiring, necess...
I'd thought of trying WFF but I don't think my dad would be able to deal with the intercom to let someone in any more and they don't seem to give a specific delivery time. Has anyone found a way round those sorts of issues? They have to take in account the traffic on the roads etc which is why no s...
I'd thought of trying WFF but I don't think my dad would be able to deal with the intercom to let someone in any more and they don't seem to give a specific delivery time. Has anyone found a way round those sorts of issues?
Hi Steve Do you want an amplified phone for hearing loss one just one that's easy to use ? My brother bought my dad one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geemarc-AMPLIPOWER-Button-Corded-Telephone-White/dp/B002HWRKZ2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Geemark+AmpliPOWER&qid=1569685806&s=electronics&sr=1-3 He was ...
Hi Faye

Do you have a good MP? I don't know if it would be worth a letter to them.

Jane
Hi Hannah.

Things sound rough. As folks have already suggested, Mind may be able to offer you support as a carer. Have you been to see your GP? There might be support they can direct you to. Hope things improve for you.

Jane