Hi Christine Things sounds really difficult right now. In terms of residential care, have you thought about the very likely scenario that your mum will say no? Have you already found somewhere you feel would meet your mum's needs? Would staying in her own home be possible with increased professional...
Hi Nikki If the form has been returned it is probably an error on the donor section. That means it has to be completed again as the instrument is not valid. However, I would suggest phoning the OPG and talking to them directly: Telephone: 0300 456 0300. I think the 50% reduction in fees is only vali...
I know exactly what you need! - I was going to post in the tips and practical advice section about this as I've found a *brilliant* app. Dementia Digital Diary: https://fashmel.com/dementia-diary I'ts a free app, for Android and Ipad and syncs to an online calendar. I set up a free Gmail account for...
Hi Brian - what Pet said. The bank will release funds for a funeral. The bank may well have a bereavement advice line / online information. When my mum died a couple of years ago, I think I just went into the bank and the advice was to bring in the death certificate. Then money is released for a fun...
Hi Brian - I'm just online at the moment and seen your thread. So sorry to see what you've been through. You have been amazingly strong and an incredible support for your mum.
Hi Carolyn Sorry to read you're having such a hard time. You say your mum will only have you care for her. The reality is - that isn't her decision to make. She's using the fact you love her to make you wait on her hand and foot. Bowlingbun, who is hugely knowledgeable, explains about NEEDS and WANT...
Hi Martin Age UK have a factsheet that might be useful to print off, highlight relevant bits and take in with you: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/globalassets/age-uk/documents/factsheets/fs37_hospital_discharge_fcs.pdf It seems very odd the hospital are saying the fact he is he same physical condition as ...
Hi Tracey - more knowledgeable people will be along soon I'm sure. Has his personality changed since the dementia diagnosis? I understand that knowing it's the dementia talking doesn't really make it easier. It sounds like dad lives with you - I think people's advice might depend on knowing more abo...
Hi Jasmine Things sound really rough at the moment. You shouldn't have to make the choice between being a person in your own right or being a carer, and you shouldn't feel guilty or selfish. I presume you mum has had a needs assessment through Social Services but have you had a carer's assessment? R...
Gosh Pet - I wouldn't want you to think I was implying those who had to go through CoP had anything other than their loved one's best interests at heart, just that they are subject to a much greater level of scrutiny - which is both a strength and weakness of the LPA.