I often dream about respite. Respite is merely a temptation to keep you on your toes. It's the carrot that authorities dangle in front of you to keep you going. I don't know how desperate you have to be to get it. It's almost akin to buying a lottery ticket and winning. Sound familiar? I think of al...
Susan, I'm sorry to hear your Mum had died. My condolences. However, you were a wonderful daughter. Your Mum would have been proud and well done you for arranging such a wonderful funeral. It's good to hear such positive steps are in the planning for yourself and your husband. Go forward.....and fly...
Hello CatHeart, You must look after yourself first and foremost. You are trying to juggle so many plates and for the moment they are (almost) in the air.....but the minute one drops - and that could be you, consider the consequences. Please, please look into your anaemia and fainting and take a bit ...
You deserve a medal Jolanta. However, paranoia and anxiety can go hand in hand with mood swings too. Always remember that whatever today throws at you......tomorrow is another day and I assume that the ills from yesterday may get forgotten. Distraction tactics are good, but energy draining for you, ...
I am not only upset, but angry as well. I booked a place for this day, a lunch also, and was in communication by email with Carers UK. My lunch was confirmed and you would think that if it was cancelled they would have notified me. Why then, didn't someone contact me to let me know that this was can...
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 pm
Can be daunting ... and expensive ... at times.

Government's own guidance on Certified P.O.As. :

https://www.gov.uk/power-of-attorney/certify
Thanks Chris.
I was granted POA and it took two years to get it. I got a total of three pages and one had the official stamp and that is all I have to show to prove I have POA as that states in which areas I have POA in I guess it depends were in the UK live in as to how much paper work or how much they have to ...
Henrietta wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:05 pm
I may be out of date but looking back to my office days , when I received copies of POAs , people only ever sent in the page with the relevant bits, and signatures on it not the whole bundle. Maybe times have changed?
Thanks Henrietta....see my reply at bottom.
My mum's POA and my brothers were done by our family solicitor. When I needed copies, I just asked for a copy and the one page document was provided, signed and stamped by the solicitor. I'm wondering if the OP used a solicitor, if that is the difference? Thanks everyone for your comments on this. ...
I was granted POA and it took two years to get it. I got a total of three pages and one had the official stamp and that is all I have to show to prove I have POA as that states in which areas I have POA in I guess it depends were in the UK live in as to how much paper work or how much they have to ...