Thanks for your replies and yes it certainly is a rollercoaster. Interestingly without even mentioning CHC I was told he was not eligible for it as he doesn’t qualify.Therefore I have contacted his GP to see if it is possible he may be eligible,colon cancer,incontinence and very little mobility if a...
I recently posted that my caring for my father were over as I thought after nearly six weeks in hospital he would be transferred to a nursing home as I am no longer able to provide care for him. After a meeting with the social care team it has been decided,after consulting my father on his preferenc...
Thanks for your replies.It is early days with much to think about.
After caring for both my parents,my mother to some degree for two years until her death and for my father for over four years almost full time,after his admission to hospital a few weeks before Christmas it is apparent he will not be able to return home as his care needs are something I can no longe...
Thanks for your replies.Some difficult decisions to make but they will be for the best all round.
After nearly five years caring for my father it has come to the point that I can no longer look after him. He is currently in hospital and due to be transferred to a rehabilitation unit after a fall at home a week ago.The caring has taken a toll on my physical and more importantly my mental health a...
Thanks for your post . We had an assessment when he was discharged from hospital in November 2017,the person conducting it was not very pleasant and was seeing how little was required.I didn’t want an assessment at the time. He receives the higher attendance allowance which nearly covers his morning...
Thanks for your replies.What you say is so true.
Hello,I am a carer for my 92year old father which I have been doing for nearly five years.He was diagnosed with colon cancer over three years ago and opted not to have any surgery and the cancer has only progressed slowly if at all.While he is mentally still alert the main problem is his mobility,wh...