[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Really? No, I didn't. How so? Yeah, more or less. I feel like we should be entitled to see how they work out the costs of things, especially with direct payments since it's about "choice and control" but they seem really cagey about how exactly they price things when working out how many hours suppo...
No, it's not about how much is being charged. We're trying to get the information/costing that's sent to the budgeting panel for approval, that sort of thing.
Hi all, Can anyone tell me if it's allowed for the service user receiving either DP or a PB can see information regarding their funding, how it's worked out, and how it's divided up into which carer gets paid what for what.... It's my understanding you're supposed to have a breakdown of funding sent...
Hi everyone, Just curious about something, but not sure if anyone here would know the answer.... One of my carees is having an issue with one of their paid carers due to the national minimum wage and the new rules on overnight care pay. It seems the agency they employ to handle all the employment si...
Hi all, Does anyone know if you need the involvement of a person's social worker to apply for a disabled facilities grant? One of my carees is pretty desperate to get some work done to better access their home, but their social worker is an absolute nightmare and we'd all rather not involve them if ...
Personally I think they make stuff up as they go along! I agree. I guess we're all still playing things by ear to some degree with the pandemic being uncharted waters, there are no rules for most things right now, but it seems social workers have been picking and choosing the rules they follow sinc...
It would be unwise to refuse a review of the support package, but you can ask for a virtual review to be done instead..... By the way, it must be 'that time of year' for social workers to start pressuring for reviews of packages. :-??? Unwise in what sense? I would have assumed they'd suggest a rev...
Hi all, Can anyone advise me here on behalf of one of my carees. With the restrictions lifting, he's just been given a date for a review with not one, but two social workers, who want to come into his home. He's high risk, and unable to be vaccinated at present, and therefore wishes to continue to s...
Hi Chris, I'm not in a union as the person I care for is actually one of my relatives, and so I'm not certain where I'd stand on joining Unison because of that. I appreciate I'm in a very fortunate position as a paid carer, and without this job I'd have to go back to claiming only carers allowance f...
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what to expect now that the courts have overruled this "more for sleep ins" decision. I'm a paid carer through the direct payments scheme and gets paid for several sleep ins a week along with another carer for the same person. The independent l...