To be brutal, the sooner she gets herself into a real fix, the sooner she will be assessed and helped. If she has no money left and needs care, then her local LA, SS etc will have to sort it out. You have alerted the bank and others as to your assessment as to her state of mind. You have done your ...
Victor, I recommend you remove your association from the joint account, too many carers of carees with mental health related conditions end up paying off large debts incurred by their carers. Have you already sent the letter? If not, a friend of ours, a senior, retired and old school social worker ...
I spoke to a family friend who use to work for the NHS. The person said - try the Safeguarding Team. Anything to do with my mam's day to day living, they will direct back to Social Services. But anything to do with her finances - they should deal with. So the following is the email/letter I sent, wi...
Oh how dreadful! Can you switch companies or not? If you do decide she needs a care home, make sure you research them carefully, there are good and bad ones across all areas of the UK. Read reviews and take a list of questions to ask during your visit too. Pay attention to your gut feeling when loo...
If your mother is endangered in her new situation, she will need a new care assessment, possibly leading to her moving to where she can get the 24/7 care she may need. That's what I want to happen. I have an LPA on her Health & Welfare. But triggering it - would be a nightmare. I have evidence from...
I hope someone will dissect my problem for themselves – so that they may be made aware of how bad it can be, when the people in charge of their ailing parent are incompetent. My Carer status is a moot issue now. There has been a pile-up in my Universal Credit Claim, mainly due to the Care Coordinato...
Let's get this very clear. If my son came home every fortnight, that meant I was entitled to CA continually, even although he was at a boarding college. So many people don't know the rules and miss out on thousands of pounds worth of benefits as a result, which is a tragedy. It's a moot issue now. ...
I think the question that needs to be answered is.. Do you spend 35 hours a week caring for your mam? The post started with the complaint that your carers allowance had stopped. As a typical carer I spend over 100 hours a week with my Mum, the missing 68 is when she is sleeping sound and I get some...
I think the question that needs to be answered is.. Do you spend 35 hours a week caring for your mam? The post started with the complaint that your carers allowance had stopped. As a typical carer I spend over 100 hours a week with my Mum, the missing 68 is when she is sleeping sound and I get some...
Hi Victor, The problem with typing messages is that misunderstandings can occur - and we seem to misunderstanding each other. KR, Melly1 Sorry - it's a manky mess. So I will get my posts wrong in explaining. The bottom line is - I don't think the Psychosis team in question are really professional e...