My mam is demonstrating dementia-type behaviours: she's become verbally aggressive, suspicious, paranoid, a hoarder (cash and food), childish, easy provoked, impulsive, nice-in-the-morning - but evil-incarnate-at-night, mistrusting and self-centred, and forgetting what day it is (and she will argue ...
Over riding you with Power of Attorney is VERY serious indeed. Another thought, does this man OWN the company, or is he just the home manager? It should be very easy to find out, just go to the CQC website and do a search for the home. I'm sure you can see who is the CQC registered manager, as well...
Victor ... as background , will the following link be useful to you here ... a legal article ? https://www.boodlehatfield.com/the-firm/articles/lpas-open-to-abuse Thanks for that link; the risk of abuse is minimal in the case of an LPA for Health and Welfare. That article is more relevant to an LPA...
Hello again, While I am concerned about your situation you seem to know what you are doing and know how to compose yourself in what is a very stressful position to be in (though you should not be in it to begin with as you have done nowt wrong!) What worries me is what has this "care manager" gotte...
As for thinking he's as good as a social worker, I bet he hasn't had their training or is registered on the HCPC website. Keep in touch. He is not from the UK, but by his accent from Eastern Europe. What I got taken aback by - was his response to the LPA; he almost looked like he's never seen one b...
Victor, The more you write, the more I am worried both for you and for your mum. You really must ring the Care Quality Commission for advice today. CQC have a principle thread running through their regulations, that of "transparency". What is this manager wanting to hide? Why does he want you off t...
You have acted properly. The care manager has not. I think you should ring the Care Quality Commission today and ask for help. The manager has no right to turn you out of your home. I have a friend whose hubby is a Social Worker. I mentioned that in the conversation, when my mam asked for a Social ...
Care manager is over zealous. For all their talk of ethics in regards to your mothers care, they know to even question the integrity of the power of attorney document and circumstances in which your mother signed it(status of capacity under MCA) is essentially levelling an accusation of acquisition...
Thank you for that assurance. It's really torture - the way they are minimizing the change in my mum's behavior and instead focusing on the conversations they have with her. Her "craziness" is not found in her speech - it's in her actions. Her Schizophrenia all these years - never made her call a Ll...
I’m hoping that I minimized the barb in my tone here, but I was amazed at what happened to me today. The Care Manager of the team looking after my mam - questioned the validity of the LPA I have for my mam’s Health and Welfare when I produced it. He was questioning whether my mam was fully aware of ...