Hi Emily, You don't sound horrible you sound like a very caring person who is exhausted and drained. You need a support system around you and some respite for yourself or you just won't cope and that's not being selfish it's being practical. What about family yours and his? Any help available there?...
An elderly relative I care for has recently taken to putting his hand in his shirt and stroking his nipple all the time whenever I am with him which makes me feel quite uncomfortable. I asked if his skin was irritating him and he said no. I don't know if I am over reacting to nothing maybe its a sel...
Wow! Thanks so much everyone for those replies. I get the picture now andwill get that sorted urgently.
I have broached the subject of POA a few times with 90 year old FIL and got all the papers to sign but he can't see why it would be necessary as he doesn't own property, has made me joint signatory on his bank account and made a will. I'm sure there are reasons why it would still be a good idea to h...
Thank you so much for taking the time to pen such a detailed reply. Sorry for not replying sooner bit new at this and didn't see more replies or figure how to get back into forum! DUH Yes you are quite right Jenny - we inherited FIL when my MIL died they married later in life. He had no children of ...
Thanks both of you for taking the time to reply. All good points and suggestions that I will follow up.
So I didn't realise I was a carer until I completed the survey on this forum!! I have a 90 year old FIL who I visit regularly and provide all his meals and help with financial stuff, health appointments and whatever else is needed. This is a bit of a strain but not too bad as he was fully mobile, ex...