[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks Melly1 and BowlingBun. I've contacted the social workers manager and submitted a formal complaint today. I've requested to start the process again with an experienced social worker. Have to say it does feel like a decision based on finances by the council and not my mum's care needs. Fingers ...
Hi, I'm a full time carer for my mum who has Dementia and Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus amongst other conditions. She had a care act needs assessment in May this year as I need to go back to work and my mum's housing isnt suitable. The outcome was she was placed on the list for Extra Care Housing wh...
Hi Anyone got any experience of a relative moving to a different county to be near them but using Home Choice? I'm mulling over the idea of my mum moving 200 miles to live in my city as I only see her once a month due to me working full time and the distance. She is on her local Home Choice for a bu...
Thank you for all your replies. The council have now finally agreed to carry out a care assessment after months of refusing. I'm going to be there so hopefully I can make sure it's done properly as I have little confidence in the adult care team sadly after all this. I'll look into the Ombudsman, co...
Thank you all for your replies and the welcome. Apologies for not replying sooner but life has been difficult. I now have the Royal British Legion involved in advocating for my mum as I reached the end of my tether with North Lincolnshire council. Sadly they are ignoring the advocate too at the mome...
Hull pattie

Beverley Rascal

Newcastle Brown ale
The Curious Incident of The Bog in the Nght :D
I'm a new carer for my mum as my dad died a few weeks ago. I'm experiencing a lot of difficulty in getting a care assessment for my mum. She is struggling to manage her home, struggles with paperwork and needs support to access health appointments. I live 200 miles away so I go up every weekend. Nor...