I've just figured out that UC are ripping us off by paying us on a specific date of the month , I preferred it when you got paid 4 monthly and you would receive 13 payments a year but on a monthly date you only get 12. I wouldn't mind if the amounts varied as sometime the extra days but it doesn't .
Why does no one ever raise the issue of why Carers are paid so little. No one ever does anything about it no government in the last 25 years so why.
Hi all my daughter is having to switch to PIP. The care component won't be a problem but I am worried about the Mobility side of things. She is on the high rate for both but she has no problem walking but she needs to have 2-1 in community because she has no fear no understanding of traffic and can ...
I have my 27 year old son who sits beside me all the time he is at home and makes noises and does weird hand and arm movement all the time. A lot of time i snap at him to shut up, you cant help it . Most people would not put up with what we have to put up with so i think it's quite normal. Hope your...
Well on Saturday i had to phone the Police regarding my son he had a Psychotic episode and attacked me. I cant leave him with my wife as he gets in her face shouting and screaming. Cant do it no more going to phone Social Services and tell them he has to go. I feel like a piece of shit doing this bu...
Well my daughter been kicking off for hours now she has black eyes and alsorts, had to giver her Diazepam and taking hours to work. Eventually have a emergency doctor coming God knows when like she still wailing. Me and the Wife starting to think about giving it up now it's a joke.
And another thing that's makes me angry about being a carer as well is like today I tried to buy a motorcycle on finance today and the woman almost laughed when I told her what I earn of course I was to low income to be accepted and I felt like a fool. Not this government or any previous have made c...
Thank you to you all for your honesty and your passion I have enjoyed reading all your posts and thank you for allowing me a small glimpse of how you all feel. I would like to wish you all best wishes and lots of love as you are all heroes in my eye and deserve a lot more.
I'm a 17 and a half year Traceaostomy carer for my daughter who is 18. She also has global development delay, cortical visual impairment and brain damage and is peg fed. The eldest daughter is 29 has severe Autism , Epilepsy and is on Anti Psychoctic medication as she is so violent. My son has come ...
Thanks for the replies was very interesting reading them. I understand we feel the best carer for a loved one is us and we are probably right. And it's true you do get sucked in and you do loose friends have no social life. The isolation is awful and I find you become quite anti social I know I am l...