[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Mum is 75 years old. In past week or so I've noticed a slight cough on and off during the day but not excessive and also she occasionally gets 'croaky'. Today though she looks quite heavy eyed, has a headache, not much energy (can't be bothered) and has just fallen asleep in the chair. I don't want ...
Hi.

I know there's talks of bringing in isolation for over 70's very shortly.

I am in my mid forties and along with my 17 year old son we live with my Mum who is 75.

How will this isolation affect me and my son? Will we have to isolate too or move out?
Hi there. I'm looking for some advice please. I live with my 74 year old mum and she just talks non-stop! She cannot sit quietly and watch the TV or do anything quietly. Whatever she's doing she has to be talking about whatever she's doing or just general gossiping! It is really doing my head in. I ...
Hi. Thank you to those of you who replied to my post a few months ago. Things have not changed. She has a really nasty way about her and doesn't do much to hide it but if I have a go at her i'm the worlds worst! I know these are strong words but I hate being there. She thinks that everybody else is ...
Good Afternoon. My mum is 74 years old. I have lived with her along with my 15 year old son after the breakdown of my marriage for the past 6 years. My dad died when she was 59, so they never had their retirement years together and since then I'd noticed that she always seems to be jealous, bitter a...
Hi Henrietta & Jenny. Many thanks for you replies. From what you are both saying it definitely looks as if she is slipping into the world of dementia. She seems 'obsessed' with a few things in life and nothing else really matters. I really do feel tired and worn out. My day consists of 2 peoples liv...
Hi Jenny. Thank you so much for your reply - where do I start with my reply!... I moved in with her with my son who is now 14 back in 2013 when my marriage broke down and was only suppose to be a 'stop gap' but unfortunately my financial situation hasn't allowed me to 'move out' ( I have a small dir...
Hi all. Where do I start! I am not officially a carer for my Mum who is in her early 70's but circumstances a few years ago have lead me to live with her in her own home with my teenage son. Since Christmas and more so in the past month to six weeks she has seemed to age its hard to explain. She com...