[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Does anyone know how much sitting services cost? I've had a lady come from Age Concern (organised through Social Services) with a view to arranging someone to sit with my mother to allow me to go out and about for a few hours. She's down for twice a week. No charges have been pointed out (although t...
<t>Thanks very much for that link, Charles. Earlier I did take a look at the government's website but it didn't really say what it was in so much detail nor who would be eligible and what the payments were to cover. It seems only to be to allow the disabled person to employ help for themselves (whic...
I have seen several topics about Direct Payments on the board just recenlty but as someone just about to start caring for someone - can anybody tell me what these are? Image
Without question caring for someone takes up a great deal of time but does anyone on the forum have any experience of working from home whilst caring?
If someone has a social worker appointed is it possible to just ignore them? What could be the implications? what about the other way round? we appear to be being ignored by social services. they came round in january referred us for occupational therapy said that appointment would be about 6 wks a...
If someone has a social worker appointed is it possible to just ignore them? What could be the implications? Impossible to say, it depends on the social worker, the "client" and the circumstances. I would always bear in mind that social workers have a great deal of power and not all of them exercis...
If someone has a social worker appointed is it possible to just ignore them? What could be the implications?
As a number of you will know I am experiencing a situation at the moment in which my mother is in hospital and I am doing all I can to get her discharged asap. I have been put in contact with an organisation called PALS and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience of using them?
My aunt was social worker now retired she hated the job she now works for SSAFA . when STAN was alive we just ploded along but when he had his first mini stroke a couple of years after i gave up work we then had S.W. involvement they not once gave us correct info or any help at all in fact it was s...
<t>Brilliant, Annie. Thanks ever so much. By the way, I checked her on the social care register and there was nothing, not even under a variation of the spelling, if that's where you mean. And the team leader confirmed to me that she wasn't a qualified social worker. I think they may be a bit short-...