Chris besides there is loads on info on this very site as well. No need for ignorance in this day and age:

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... ments#sec2
I am sure that every family carer and caree have sought out those links after being offered Direct Payments through their local LAs / SSs. Ignorance of the law is no excuse ... technically correct ... same apply to , say , an elderly person in their 90s " Employing " a care worker through the DP sc...
Fine ... what about a lone caree / carer employing a care worker through Direct Payments. Would the same apply for that lone caree / carer ? Would he / she have the same training and reference manuals / books available if needed ? That's my concern ... for sleepovers funded through Direct Payments ...
Being unemployed is a choice ... a difficult one but nevertheless , a choice. Family carers also have a " Choice " ( Even our own supporting organisations still believe that to be the case ) ... to care or not to care ... but ... what choice is there in reality ? The harsh reality is quite simple ....
Whilst many family carers will have some sympathy for care workers not being paid the minimum wage , somewhat ironic when considering the terms and conditions on which we are expected to care ... a minimum of 35 hours , many clocking in excess of 100 hours ... for the equivalent of 8 hours and a fe...
Please do not WRONGLY blame me cap when the fault may lie with HMRC. :-??? MENCAP are the main reason for the government intervention ( as well as thousands of personal assistants in care coming forward about abysmal pay). Employing thousands of people yet no clue as to employment law and minimum w...
It is likely that there will be negotions between UNISON and employers to try to reach a ettlement, may take years. Employers have 24 months from time of accepting the voluntary self assessment for underpayment. My employer has until 2019 to send back forms/calculations. And then only if reported a...
Thanks for this thread. I have been working in care since 2012. My disabled employer pays us via direct payments. I reported my employer to the HMRC in April last year. It is a year later and finally 21 employees are going to be paid 6 years' worth of sleeping nights' back pay. £3.50 per hour or £35...