[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
hi I am so in need of advice i'm at my wits end i have been caring for my mum for almost 3 years she lives with me so it's 24/7 i have no life of my own she is running me ragged no day off a holiday what is one of those ! I get told i can have a life when she is dead. What on earth do i do ? She is...
Hi Nezzie, I joined today as well so I don't know much more than you. I look after my 96 yr old mum. so we are both carers with probably very different stories. 17 years is a long time. For me it's coming up to 5 years. Would you like to explain a little of your situation. I bet there are people her...
Peter, you have my every sympathy! I'm 57, and an 'only' and have been the sole carer for my 91 year old Mum for over 20 years. She has bad arthritis in her knees, hip & spine and can't walk or even stand unaided. I had to finally give in and get care help with her in January as I couldnt do it alo...
Peter, whether or not the council get involved depends on mum's financial situation. Does she have over £23,000? Do the council arrange the carer? Have you had a Carers Assessment recently, if not, ask for one from Social Services. Does mum receive Attendance Allowance? Do you claim Council Tax exe...
Thanks Jenny, yes mum always says thank you and often declares how lucky she is to have such a friendly carer. Having read quite a few posts here recently, I realise I am not in as bad a situation as many, many others. But still, my own situation and feelings of incredible frustration make me realis...
Hello, my name is Peter and I am a carer for my 96 yr old mum. I'm a single child, though a rather oldish 'child' at 65! Mum lives in my house and it's just me doing the caring. I have children but they all live some distances away. Well mum was a very capable school secretary at one time. Now she i...