[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Yes I have read the threads and done my "homework" as you pointed out I needed to do. Thank you. I really don't have the energy to fight CHC at the moment, or read any more so please forgive me for asking another question. I feel like I'm being told off! I need to get my Dad cared for properly which...
We are trying to get my Dad into a local nursing home, however the only option that Social services will fund is and has been requiring improvements and inadequate for over a year. It has a shocking report and following a visit there I was really uncomfortable with it. I have refused this home which...
I have been to look at a few nursing homes and have been shocked by how instatuionalised they are. The ones I like are £1200 per week and from what I can gather SS will pay up to £700 per week. The cheapest is £900.00 per week, which is the one I really didn't like. The social worker is coming next ...
Thank you all fro your input and advise, care assessment have been done in the past and direct payments set up for carers, they have been fine with that until the dementia took a down hill turn recently. Along with my brother we have Poa for Dad so I guess we have to evoc that on his behalf and insi...
Dad is 81, mum 80. Dad has vascular dementia, it affects his mobility, cognitive ability and continence. He can be demanding and lack of mobility makes life hard for Mum as she has to do everything. Mum has been coping with help, we have direct payments so have employed two carers who do a few hours...
Thank you fir the post, it makes very interesting reading. The issue is that Mum no longer wants Dad at home, being his carer is destroying their relationship and has broken because it it. I have surgested me sleeping over and extra day care days but she just shuts this down and says she doesn't wan...
Hello all, My mum (81) can no longer cope with my dad at home, she is very close to a break down and admits that she is not always being kind to dad. For them both Dad now needs to cared for away from the home and needs Nursing care. I have spoken to Dad about doing day care with sleep overs for his...
Dad is 80 Has attendance allowance and direct payments for a few hours paid care each week. Mum has had a carers assessment. Dad has always been a caring and loving husband (and Dad) which is why it's so hard to see him being so dismissive of my Mum. They have has a happy married life with great res...
Hello all, My Dad has a condition called MPH but also has vascular dementia which has taken a step up recently. Dad is becoming very demanding and calling the shots at home and leaving Mum very upset, he never says please or thank you and treats Mum like she is nothing to him. I care for Dad 2 days ...
Thank you all for your replies. It's been a while but I'm in a much better emotional place now. I agree that I don't HAVE to do what I do but I WANT to. I,v now got some support from a couple of great carers and have now taken on a type of care manager role as suggested by BB. This means that I can ...