[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Ok, so in the time it took for me to spend a penny mum managed to fall out of bed despite having grab rails. It was the second time this morning. She's too weak to help herself and I'm too weak to lift her off the floor on my own. We have a private emergency care provider who are amazing. Both times...
Not yet seen a district nurse. Not yet had any contact from Macmillan. Called adult social services for advice again. They won't do a carers assessment without undertakings an assessment if mum. This needs to be requested by her Dr apparently. I was then directed to yet another council run organisat...
If you find a way to do it please share. I'm trying to cope with the same situation. There is no answer. We all want someone to help us - tell us were doing the right things, explain what we can do differently to make things better. There is no one, are no answers. Regrettably I've given up trying w...
Henrietta That's what I keep telling everyone. I'm not n denial, I know she can only get worse. When she does she will go into care. Putting her there whilst she's still aware of her home is, in my opinion, unnecessary. At the end of my tether this morning I had a strop with the doctors surgery and ...
Thanks for responding. I've called mum's Dr. The first appointment I can get is 10 April for a telephone consultation. I know she should be in a residential home. However she doesn't want to leave her home and, for as long as she knows where she is, I'm not going to make her despite having LPA. Mum ...
Thanks for responding. Mum's cancer was diagnosed as inoperable. She is not under an oncologist, just her GP. She is aware that she's not as well as she was but refuses to leave her home. Her Dr hasn't agreed to refer her to Macmillan or hospice despite me asking. They can't act without a referral. ...
This is a rant. I've no one to share this with so please just bare with me. I've been caring for my 85 year old mother for 11 months. She has kidney cancer, osteoarthritis and heart failure. She's also deaf. She can no longer stand or move unaided. I'm sure she has a UTI as her catheter bag goes bla...