<t>Hi,<br/> I don't actually come on to the forum very often so not sure if you will even see this reply.<br/> I care for my Mum who has COPD. She waiting for a lung transplant.<br/> After a run of really bad infections Mum is now very limited to what she can do. She also can only walk a few steps a...
Hi Nuala, good to hear from you. Glad you are feeling more positive. You really must tell Vincent to sort that cough out before it gets bad, really can't leave it. Three birthdays, you have been busy with easter thrown in as well. Mum hasn't been very good at all, we have been back in hospital and s...
Thanks everyone, they are not actually asking me for any money back, they are just cutting what I get every week. Can't believe what they expect us to live on.
I gave up a managers job but obviously my Mum has to come first. Finding it really hard to adjust to this very low income.
I have only been caring full time since January. I applied for carers allowance and Income support, gave them all the information they requested and hid nothing. Got awarded both. At the end of last week I received a letter to say that they are cutting my income support, I rang today to find out why...
Thanks Caron. My family all tell me the same, you need to tell him the truth, and I will. I have taken some time off over Easter so I plan to do stuff with the kids and sort stuff out once and for all. Although i do not love him I do not hate him either. I will let you know how I get on. Have a gre...
Thanks Caron and Rosemary for your support. I have 4 sons aged 17, 15, 13 and 6, I also work full time as I am the main earner now. My husband and I are both from big families (typically Irish!) My sisters are very supportive of me and his family of him. But we have always had a difficult marriage ...
<t>Yes, I have been back home for five years now looking after mum and working full time up until Janruary of this year. I gave up work to look after her full time. I know exactly how you feel, its so hard. I feel so guilty for finding so hard.<br/> Mum is on oxygen 24 hours and also has osteoporosi...
Hello,
Not sure if you will see this reply as you posted almost a year ago.
My Mum is also waiting for a lung transplant. She is under Wythenshaw Hospital in Manchester, she has been waiting for 8 years.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Never realised that there was a forum full of people in the same situation
My name is Caron, I'm 32 and have just given up work to care for my Mum.
She is waiting for a lung transplant