Hi Sharon! To add to what everyone has said about where to find transport, try Google "volunteer transport" or "volunteer drivers" (with your area name) because some charity groups and care services run what they call volunteer transport. We have one in my area and they are fantastic! They will come...
Hi Tim. Yes you can log a complaint with PALS and CQC and you definitely should but you need action taken fast rather than in 4-6 weeks so I would suggest contacting your local council's Safeguarding team. They might also be known as Adult Social Care Team but if you phone your local council's main ...
Oooh BB I am jealous! Have a nice fruit punch based drink for me while you're there please! :P Hiya Lesley! I'm really glad you said that you don't let her words get to you anymore. You have done so very much for her and sadly, I don't think that she will ever be grateful for it or think along the l...
Although some may require DBS, some not, you're convincing me to get one. It will take extra steps, because this is my son-in-law who lives in Poland. He wants to work as carer in UK, and since he has no experience and knows basic English, my advice to him is - work first as volunteer, gain experie...
Tim this sounds so distressing for both her and you. The best I can suggest is that you put in a safeguarding complaint to your local authority and state that there is deprivation of liberty concerns (where they are depriving her of toileting assistance, depriving her of the right to choose what roo...
Hi Susan, sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the care. I know this might not offer much consolation but having worked as a domiciliary carer, take it from me, your carers probably find it just as stressful as you do being sent to people at the wrong times then having to take the flac...
Hi all. I'll answer what I know and hopefully it will help a bit. Do check out the links page Chris has given cause that has loads of info there about assessments, costs, the individual's rights and so on. Is it possible to receive direct payments from the local authority and CHC from the NHS. Yes, ...
Yes they can do that and for a number of reasons but like has already been suggested, you should get an advocate for you both. It sounds like there is paperwork you don't feel up to facing to read/ decide/ sign, there is elements that need explaining/ answering for as to how they came to the conclus...
Hi Elaine. Sorry to hear your father is having such a difficult time settling in. From a professional perspective (I work as a Support Worker) part of the difficulty could be his location as well. You said that he is homed with dementia patients and for him not being able to have any decent/ lucid/ ...
No problem Pamela :-) Happy to help. I'm not surprised that that's the provider's attitude. They are likely to put it down to a conflict of interests but sometimes it is just plain cattiness (after all, your daughter's contract being taken off them is going to cost thousands. I mean, they on average...