I don’t know about qualifications but when I asked about experience their reply was ‘lots! There’s really nothing that we haven’t seen’ I know this sounds terrible but caring for him now is making me utter miserable. We’re locked in the house as he escapes from the garden and please don’t ask about ...
Hi Melly, The Children’s Centre is somewhere they would hire for themselves so my son would be the only child in it. It’s perfect for him as there’s lots of crafts, paints, pens, crayons as well as toys and puzzles not to mention the space to run and jump. It’s also a place he’s familiar with. When ...
Hi everyone, I suspect that carers are finding my son too challenging even though they are part of a care/respite agency sub-contracted by local social services for 'challenging children and young adults' This is week two and I have suspected that they have been struggling with him since session one...
I’m in a 2 bedroom property with my 11 year old son and a baby on the way. I’ll need a 3 bedroom property as the baby will need his/her own bedroom for safety reasons so I registered for re-housing a few weeks ago for the search for a suitable 3 bedroom house. My son has recently been scaling our 6f...
I will definitely ask the social worker about it on Friday but I think the issue will be because I’ve registered for re-housing. I’m in a 2 bedroom property and with a baby on the way I’ll need a 3 bedroom property as the baby will need his/her own bedroom for safety reasons. The housing association...
Yes I am Bowling Bun thank you.
I apply every year :)
I’ve just spoken to our social worker and I’ve actually suggested using a local Children’s Centre as a base. She was all for that idea so is looking into that hopefully before the next respite session so fingers crossed! I rent our home from a local housing association. I contacted them about making...
I think Social Services are struggling to find local services that can accommodate his needs. They told me that they called around 12 agencies and out of those 12 only 2 of them were able to meet his needs. One of the 2 mentioned above was what we used yesterday. I feel like I’m the only parent in t...
Thanks for your reply Melly. Both my son and I met the carers for a couple of hours a few days before yesterday. I told them as much as I could about my son’s behaviours which didn’t seem to faze them. I asked about what experience they had with autism and challenging behaviours and their reply was ...
So today was my first respite session. After asking for assessment for support etc from Social Services they have given us a respite package to help until we have our assessment. Today was the first day that two experienced care workers with challenging behaviours took my son out. I got a bit emotio...