Thanks bowlingbun. She's due a CT scan in a few weeks to see how things are going, I guess depending on the outcome it may be appropriate to look into the CHC fast track after that. Funeral plans and things are already being put in place...time will tell. I have had counselling before through work w...
Just to clarify, his mum lives about a mile away - the resi home is just along the road x
Hello everyone and thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Where to begin?! To answer some questions... All financial assessments have taken place and all appropriate benefits are being received. We are just waiting to find out how much of the home's fees MIL will need to pay. With regards t...
Thanks MrsA, we have tried all approaches, she just gets more indignant. This is the same woman who was too busy cooking dinner for her family (all adults, 2 of them are chefs) to accompany her mum to A&E when she had a stroke. The less said the better.....
Hi Rosemary, sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, behavioural issues, especially those relating to dementia can be very unpredictable and tiresome. My father in law has dementia, and for the past couple of months has been living in residential care due to his wife's illness. He's lovel...
Hi, I'd read through your post in the hope that I might be able to offer some comfort as someone who works on an elderly care ward and sees your situation all too often. I'm so sorry to hear that your mum has passed away. Dementia is such a wicked disease, and leaves us grieving for a person as they...

Hi

Hi all, this is my first time here... I've come to you because I feel like I'm treading water and sinking fast. I don't know anyone else in my position so I have no one who understands. My situation is this. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer at Christmas time. Her health gen...