The trouble is that carers are badly paid and thin on the ground (the two factors are not unconnected!). Presumably they are rushing not because they want to go and put their feet up somewhere, but because they have to get to the next job pronto, etc etc. It's a vicious circle - if they are badly/p...
Spot on Jenny. The issue I have is that they are so quick that any tasks I need doing upstairs ( my dad sleeps in the living room) I try to do so when they are here and by the time they go, they are out of the door before I can say anything. They rush so much that in the moment they are here, I feel...
Hi Billy, I am currently caring for my father and its just the two of us. We have a small family and they don't live near us. The occasional message and phone call from them, its something I guess. Then there is my younger sister who lives away for uni but doesn't bother to check in or visit much. I...
My mums carers had to call in to a number they had when they arrived then call again just before leaving. Clocking in then clocking out Mind you, it still didn't stop one carer spending the first half hour helping out, then the other half sitting at the kitchen table filling in her daily report at ...
If you look at my posts you will see lots of carer issues! I initiated a safeguarding case against carers organised by the LA. One of the reasons was their documenting incorrect times in the care notes. The care records are regulated documents and must be accurate complete and kept current. What yo...
They should definitely be there for the hour you are paying them for! I have carers for 5 hrs a day for my mum whilst I am at work. If one if them is a few minutes late she will stay the extra few minutes at the end. I would not be impressed if they were doing less. Especially as my mum is so vulne...
Hello all, I contacted carersuk a month or so ago and found it helped to share so thought maybe these forums would also help speaking/listening / maybe helping with others in similar circumstances. Last April my father was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour, he had been coping well with all the ...